Main Menu

downieville ride sunday the 14th. Roll call.

Started by 288RR, July 12, 2013, 07:32:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

288RR

*N* Leave from Reno @ Starbucks on N. McCarran Blvd by IHOP off I-80.  Leaving at 8:30.   Post up if you would like to join.  Everyone is welcome  hope to see you there

squirrel

Mel

Are you guys locked into the same old 89 to 49 back to 89 route? Or are you up to a completely different route on the less traveled roads for a change of pace?

Mel

288RR

Well. What route do you have in mind?  Im open something different

Tahoebrian5

Reposting..
I'm considering doing a dville run but not till afternoon.. 3ish. I've found I have a hard time working after a ride so gotta hit the computer first. If anyone wants to go for the afternoon option post up
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy." —Tom Waits

According to the latest survey, 3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the population.

288RR

Just wake up really early and do your work then. 

Tahoebrian5

I am!!! Even leaving at 3 is shady for me but sometimes you gotta say f.it
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy." —Tom Waits

According to the latest survey, 3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the population.

GreenMachine

Can't join this ride tomorrow.  My front tire is toast from today's travels.  Awesome travels I might add.  ;D
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

dub

Mel will take you on some fun roads, just follow him.
Thanks to Sidi|Motion Pro|Vortex|Carters|Shoei for the support in 2019

squirrel

Heading up from grass valley to Reno. Got to grab fuel in boomtown and will be at the spot right on time.

GreenMachine

Quote from: squirrel on July 14, 2013, 06:44:42 AM
Heading up from grass valley to Reno. Got to grab fuel in boomtown and will be at the spot right on time.
You should make it easy on yourself and just meet-up at the I-80/hwy 89 off-ramp or one of the roundabouts.  Dub and others do that all the time; find a convenient cut-off point and make that the meet-up.

Enjoy your ride today.  Hope you have some stories to tell afterwards.
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

288RR

Had a great ride out to downieville,  total of 3 of us today, myself, Squirrel, and if i remeber right, robbie? (i am bad with names). The road was mostly clean,  part of the older section had a small amount of dirt.   Temp out side was good,  and all i know is that im ready to go again

Squirrel did you make it back over the hill on 49 ?

GreenMachine

Nice job 288! 

Hwy 49 is one of my favorites, I mean Downieville.  The people are always so friendly.

288RR

short little video, heading back to reno

http://youtu.be/UFYUmmqATLM