Main Menu

Hello race fans....??

Started by Adiggity, November 10, 2009, 04:50:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adiggity

Nobody has anything to say about the races this last weekend?? Spies in his Yamaha Moto GP debut........Aoyama and Simoncelli in the final 250 race of the year and possibly the last time we will see 2 stroke 250's ever......come on guys and girls. I thought this was a sportbike forum.....! Very disappointed in all of you........

JENX!!!

That 250 race was crazy!!! how lucky was that recovery..... ::)
Looks like Spies is gonna be doing good next year.. ;D
600 cc's, wish it wasnt a single manufacturer engine tho.

next season will be very interesting indeed..cant wait!!!!
Hi my name is jenx and im a track junky.....

oldBolt

It was a good day for the USA national riders with Edwards making my day with a little extra source from Spies in beating Dovizioso for 7th.  Spies' proves to be a motivator as Hayden became competitive in a race this year, which was nice as he has been a big disappointment to me this season.

But what enquiring minds want to know is what do think was the reason Stoner sat out those races?  If it was medical why not put it out there, unless it's too embracing, like he really is a robot from Japan and just needed a new bios flash. ;D
"I have inhaled, exhaled everything." - Arnold Schwarzenegger

n10sive

it's a little hard to know when to talk about the races around here. I figure that until at least the monthly bike night, someone will likely get upset if you talk about them before that. Since I'm old and fat, I forget what the race was about by then so I don't talk about them ;D

BMW R1200RT, 03 636 Track Bike

mikey

I haven't seen the races but, on wind tunnel  the guy said that Casey Stoner  high sided on the warm up lap.   Ouch! that must suck :(
ducati brothers

916 (2wcp 955 big bore kit)

Justin

Quote from: n10sive on November 10, 2009, 05:55:27 PM
it's a little hard to know when to talk about the races around here. I figure that until at least the monthly bike night, someone will likely get upset if you talk about them before that. Since I'm old and fat, I forget what the race was about by then so I don't talk about them ;D

+1

n10sive

there are some of us here (me) who's only purpose on the track is to be used in passing drills  :-\ :'( :D

Adiggity

Quote from: n10sive on November 10, 2009, 05:55:27 PM

Oh Jeez. This excuse is lame. It's simple really. If you want to post results of a race, just be courteous to others who may not have seen the race yet but have it recorded and put "spoiler" at the beginning of your post. Just like any other forum....... Sorry to those of you who got your feelings hurt when you got yelled at last time. Can we move on now?

I was very impressed with Spies's performance. Just got stronger and stronger as the race went on. Next year should be fun to watch with Simoncelli coming to Moto GP too.

What is everyone's thoughts on the new Moto 2 class?

n10sive

I was being facetious there Andy...that's why it ended in a smiley and had some self deprecation in there  :P ;D  8)

Adiggity

You know, one time I got yelled at for speeding down the street by my neighbor. I cried for two years and now I walk everywhere I go just so I don't get yelled at anymore..... :'( What is that word you used?? faucet? facetious? What does that mean?

Here's a cool interview from Spies.

http://www.roadracerx.com/features/tuesday-conversation/tuesday-conversation-ben-spies/

weavefish

Well i just watched the races and WOW!!!! very fitting 250 race... i will miss them :( but i hope the moto2 class does wonders for the sport.... i dream of a motorcycle racing only channel.... id pay the exrta
It's not that I'm afraid to die, I just don't want to be there when it happens. - Woody Allen

n10sive

Quote from: Adiggity on November 11, 2009, 12:15:11 PM
What is that word you used?? faucet? facetious? What does that mean?

ok...so if I help you with English...you have to help me at the track  :P
Facetious
1.    not meant to be taken seriously or literally: a facetious remark.
2.    amusing; humorous.
3.    lacking serious intent; concerned with something nonessential, amusing, or frivolous: a facetious person.

Rand

Quote from: oldBolt on November 10, 2009, 05:40:25 PM
But what enquiring minds want to know is what do think was the reason Stoner sat out those races?  If it was medical why not put it out there, unless it’s too embracing, like he really is a robot from Japan and just needed a new bios flash. ;D

The report I read was that Casey Stoner had mononucleosis.  I think he puts a lot of pressure on himself and had to take a time out to recuperate.

Adiggity

Quote from: n10sive on November 11, 2009, 02:51:41 PM

ok...so if I help you with English...you have to help me at the track  :P
Facetious
1.    not meant to be taken seriously or literally: a facetious remark.
2.    amusing; humorous.
3.    lacking serious intent; concerned with something nonessential, amusing, or frivolous: a facetious person.
Hey.......thanks man! I hope you know I was just playing with you Dale. Sometimes it's hard to be a smart a$$ online. Sometimes comes out just sounding like an a$$. I would've helped you on the track regardless of the English lesson or not.  ;)

Oh, and Jenx, that 250 race had me on the edge of my couch a few times. Wow, what a way to finish the championship. Those damn 250's look like a lot of fun!

Tom, if they make a motorcycle racing only channel I would pay for it too. Just as long as the coverage was better than SPEED. Sometimes I am yelling at the TV with the way they will switch to showing a battle for 6/7th when the guys up front are battling. Drives me nuts.

n10sive

Quote from: Adiggity on November 12, 2009, 05:46:50 PM
Hey.......thanks man! I hope you know I was just playing with you Dale. Sometimes it's hard to be a smart a$$ online. Sometimes comes out just sounding like an a$$. I would've helped you on the track regardless of the English lesson or not.  ;)

Dewd...no problems man! I never even took it the wrong way so it's all good. So now all we have to do is find a place where we will both be riding so I can get some of that help!  ;D