Main Menu

Moon Rocks Sunday 11/23

Started by slmoto, November 19, 2014, 07:35:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

slmoto

Quote from: RichVee4 on November 21, 2014, 04:28:21 PM
Sooooo tempting....    But I have other chores this weekend.   Have fun and maybe we can go somewhere next weekend. 

I know what you mean. I have some chores that sound tempting but I have to go riding instead. :)

I'm down for something next weekend as well if you're still looking to ride when next weekend rolls around.

GreenMachine

Quote from: slmoto on November 21, 2014, 04:07:47 PM
Looks like it's just you and I so far GM unless someone else chimes in before Sun. Do you have a time and place you prefer to meet?

The open lot I mentioned is the third one if you're approaching Moon Rocks from the NE.
https://goo.gl/maps/uxkUY

Would you like to meet out there or somewhere in town then head out?
Let's meet in town.  I'm not familiar with directions to get there.  TB5 usually ends up northwest of there in a more isolated location.  We usually ride east for a bit and continue north.  But it won't matter.  Moonrocks is only a few miles away...or so it appears.

The forecast, given that the weather front will have moved through with colder air behind it, is for 42° by 11:00AM (high of 50).  That'll be the coldest I've ridden in yet.  It could be fun though taking you back into some of the singletracks and ravines TB5 has put me out on.  And without anyone around us, we can screw around practicing bike control.

Want to say 10:15 somewhere in town, so we're unloading and/or geared up by 11 AM?
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

slmoto

Shall we keep the Starbucks theme going and meet at the Starbucks on Pyramid Hwy in Sparks at 10:15am?

Starbucks
2835 N McCarran Blvd
Sparks, NV 89431
https://goo.gl/maps/TOVCe

Sounds good on the single track, I'm looking forward to it.

GreenMachine

;)  The bike and I will be there.

I'm hoping they get some rain out there for tomorrow.  Don't like all this drying wind.
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

288RR

Have a good time riding this weekend guys

GreenMachine

We did.  I know I left whatever I had up on the mountain today.  I am just beat to garbage! :spank :cuckoo  We parked at the end of Winnemucca Ranch rd and rode in from there.  It didn't take but one or two ridge runs and sweat was pouring off me.  Then we ventured further NW and happened across a nice intermediate skill track that crossed a small ravine.  Conditions were wet packed sand, so ideal.  SL was right there with me the whole day.  After we had our fun on the track I took him back up to the singletracks and the guy didn't skip a beat; going up, going down, technical riding and keeping the bike from jumping off the trail, he was there every time.

To top it off we made our way back in the direction of where we parked and SL found a cool flat area to practice wheelies and sliding the bike.  Perfect!  Only, by the time we got there I was beat.  I just hadn't realized it yet.  I tried sliding in one area and SL went off to another area to screw around.  Not sure I learned anything, maybe a little.  I dumped the bike a couple times and it took about all I had to get it righted, only to push it too far and it fell over on its other side.   :tard  You know you're tired when you're huffing and puffing just to pick the bike up.

It was a blast and exactly what I was after.  Oh man, am I going to be tired and sore tonight!!!   :surrender :thumbup

RichVee4

Sounds like a fun time.  I thought it might be a bit cold but sounds like you managed to keep the activity level high.  Imagine you will be a tad sore tomorrow.   

I found a nearly new 2pc alpinestar suit on CL today and got a great deal!!  Scott you would be proud!
Live long and prosper \V/

slmoto

Quote from: RichVee4 on November 23, 2014, 06:40:27 PM
Sounds like a fun time.  I thought it might be a bit cold but sounds like you managed to keep the activity level high.  Imagine you will be a tad sore tomorrow.   

I found a nearly new 2pc alpinestar suit on CL today and got a great deal!!  Scott you would be proud!

It was a great time today, temps were good since we were able to keep the activity high enough to be far from getting cold. Definitely tired, we'll see if the soreness kicks in tomorrow.

Nice job on the Alpinestare suit.  I think I may know the listing you are talking about, too small for me, glad you were able to grab it, if it's the same one I was seeing it seemed like a good deal.

GreenMachine

Quote from: RichVee4 on November 23, 2014, 06:40:27 PM

I found a nearly new 2pc alpinestar suit on CL today and got a great deal!!  Scott you would be proud!
SL?  Me!  It came with knee sliders too, right?

:banana2 to the 2015 riding season.

GreenMachine

Quote from: GreenMachine on November 23, 2014, 04:44:17 PM
...I dumped the bike a couple times and it took about all I had to get it righted, only to push it too far and it fell over on its other side.   :tard ...
TB5's defective bike again, not able to stand on its own.  :P

GreenMachine

That was a good night's sleep.  Ready to take on a new day. 

Oh, lookie!  It's going to be a short work week!   :D

GreenMachine

SL, I'm still laughing about your off-roading stories.  :rotflmao

slmoto

Quote from: GreenMachine on November 24, 2014, 10:59:34 AM
SL, I'm still laughing about your off-roading stories.  :rotflmao

That reminds me, I'll pm you.

Tahoebrian5

I missed a moon rocks ride! Damn, I need to pay more attention. I got the ktm back together and am itching to get out. Maybe this weekend if anyone is into it. GM, you should have at least a coupke more rides before the engine blows up, or the Colombian drug lord I stole the bike from catches up to you
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy." —Tom Waits

According to the latest survey, 3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the population.

slmoto

I've been itching to get out as well and Sat. is supposed to be my last day of work before the holidays so I could possibly be up for a ride on Sunday.
I'd know for sure later in the week.