Main Menu

WTB trials moto

Started by Tahoebrian5, November 13, 2014, 01:10:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tahoebrian5

I'm looking to buy one of these...

Let me know if anyone has someone in the know. I'm looking to spend 2k, and thinking a 2000 or newer and 250 or bigger.

Now for some fun, it gets really exciting around 2:30
GM I think you could pull the log lines on your 450
http://youtu.be/_OCjcFSY93M
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy." —Tom Waits

According to the latest survey, 3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the population.

GreenMachine

Where does the the tank bag go?
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

dub

Thanks to Sidi|Motion Pro|Vortex|Carters|Shoei for the support in 2019

Tahoebrian5

On your back otherwise the beer will get foamy

According to the latest survey, 3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the population.

GreenMachine

Looks dangerous even under these controlled ideal conditions.  I'd imagine that under everyday mossy icy sandy weak tree bark surface type conditions, hopping around like this would prove perilous, if not just plain discouraging.  And it's not like Reno/Sparks are going to put in a Trials Park in the interest of public safety for regional demand for such a thing.

Why do you feel the need to assert your dominance over logs anyway?!

But if this really tickles your fancy and you're willing to wade into the sport, why don't you just buy rims/tires/sprockets for your Yamaha?  Just a shortcut idea.
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

Tahoebrian5

There is way more to this sport than riding over lgs. Since you commented I believe an instructional video is in order
http://youtu.be/fyndlwvizNA
These bikes only weigh in at 150 lbs and are completely different than a typical bike so trying to mod a motocross bike would only get you so far. I'm just fascinated by them and the skills learned will cross over very well to other types. Also google videos of Graham Jarvis. He rides a bike like my ktm but started in trials. Watching him has kinda lit a fire in me hence my rush to empty my bank account

GreenMachine

But then what'll the wifey do for your Xmas gift?  You're setting her up for disappointment when she thinks she's getting you something you like and on Xmas day you go off playing with the toy you bought for yourself a month ago.

Tahoebrian5

Sarah knew what she was in for when she said I Do

GreenMachine

RichVee4

As they say, its a disease.  Once you get it you can never be cured.

Wonder how an electric trails bike would do.  Advantages: cant stall it when doing stop and go maneuvers, no clutch to fuss with, range wouldn't be an issue and it could be designed with a low cg.
Live long and prosper \V/

GreenMachine

Brian apparently and once again may have a point to his trials bike outlook.  MX training includes trials style slow riding, balance, picking obstacles and even choosing the wrong way up a challenging hill.

I think I hit the motherlode with this site, full of instructionals, one even mentions Mel's sliding in a circle technique.   :|)  :thumbup

RichVee4

Here you go, just in time for Xmas.

http://reno.craigslist.org/mcy/4767544568.html
Live long and prosper \V/

GreenMachine

Were those crutches leaning against the wall behind the bike?

:P

Tahoebrian5

It's official

Being shipped from the east coast so should have it by the 1st

GreenMachine