Main Menu

2nd Annual Yamaha Owner's Appreciation Days

Started by Rick Bay (BRA), August 01, 2010, 01:32:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

reno240sx

I just signed up. As long as I can get the days off work I will be there.  ;D

A DRAGON

Damm I want to buy a Benelli not a Yamaha :-\  How much if you don't own a Yamaha?
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

Oneup

Yamaha is paying for the days and has made this rule.  If you don't own one of their specified bikes you can't go.  There is nothing Z2 can do.  Their instructors can't even attend unless they are on a Yamaha.  It cuts out almost half of their instructors from being able to go.
02 KX250, 04 GSXR1000, 07 CBR600rr

youngster775

There are soo many benefits to having a Yami, This is the third Yamaha appreciation day this year, first one was at Laguna Seca, then ButtonWillow, now Miller.... Although, last year it was completly free to ride at miller...
2006 R1-50th,2004 R6 trackbike,2005 GSXR-600,2001 ZX6 trackbike,2005 YZ-250F

JENX!!!

The one @ MMP last year was hosted by Yamaha Champions racing school. ( Free for all yamaha owners )
Z2 does the " Buy a new Yamaha sportsbike you get a free trackday" offer. ( free only if u buy a new bike ) We are lucky that they are letting older sportsbike in for a small fee.

on a side note:
Ducati offers a free Trackday + a ducati canopy and chairs if you get a new superbike. AWSOME!!!! ;D
Hi my name is jenx and im a track junky.....

A DRAGON

Quote from: Oneup on August 04, 2010, 11:01:43 PM
Yamaha is paying for the days and has made this rule.  If you don't own one of their specified bikes you can't go.  There is nothing Z2 can do.  Their instructors can't even attend unless they are on a Yamaha.  It cuts out almost half of their instructors from being able to go.

Well I'm glad it's not because I'm  not white..   It's because I'm not Blue.... >:( >:(  Maybe Michael Jackson can help me out with this ???
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

sparkygixxer

Quote from: A DRAGON on August 05, 2010, 11:30:53 PM
Well I'm glad it's not because I'm  not white..   It's because I'm not Blue.... >:( >:(  Maybe Michael Jackson can help me out with this ???
So now men want to be blue?!? Wow times have changed  ;) ;D ;)

A DRAGON

Shoot I'm riding miller for free. I'll be what ever color you want me to be.
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

Rick Bay (BRA)

Quote from: Jp_Rio on August 03, 2010, 08:28:01 PM
Quote from: Rick Tahoe on August 03, 2010, 10:41:27 AM
Quote from: Jp_Rio on August 01, 2010, 10:24:51 PM
So I assume you are going, Rick??

I'm not sure yet JP. This job that I have now probably I can not go.

Easy...just quit and come back!!  :D :D

I wish. But I would not do that... :'(

Rick Bay (BRA)

I got this e-mail from Z2 yestarday:

"Dear Rick Almeida,

Yamaha and Z2 Track Days are excited to officially announce the 2nd Annual Yamaha Owner's Appreciation Event at Miller Motorsports Park on September 27-28. This event is open to any Yamaha owner but you MUST own and ride a Yamaha. No other bikes will be allowed on track for this event!

Here's the best part: Riders with 2009/2010 Yamahas ride for FREE both days and riders with 2008 and older Yamahas are only $50/day. More details:
- We'll run the World Superbike (perimeter) configuration.
- Z2 will be managing the event which will include our Novice School, 1-on-1 instruction, standard bike prep requirements, registration, etc.
- Register on our website as usual. You MUST enter the correct discount code for you bike:
* 2009/2010 bikes, enter code: Hayes
* 2008/previous bikes, enter code: Bostrom
* All bikes/years will be verified at the track.
- Camping on Sunday eve and Tuesday eve will be available. Price for camping is TBD.
- Contact the track directly if you want to rent a garage.

Here's a PDF flyer you can print out:
http://zoomzoomtrackdays.com/ul/miller.pdf

More information plus registration links are on the Z2 website here:
http://zoomzoomtrackdays.com/ti/zoomzoom/showcontent2.html?content=MILLER
or just click the main banner on the home page.

We mention this at every one of our rider meetings: NO other manufacturer supports local riders, local track days, and local racing like Yamaha. This event is another example of what we mean. If you've been waiting for the right opportunity to come ride Miller with Z2 and Yamaha, this is it.

If you have any questions, please email: service@zoomzoomtrackdays.com

Hope to see you there.

Best Regards,
Zoom Zoom Track Days Customer Service

p.s. For something a little closer to home, don't forget the event at Laguna Seca on September 9th with Z2 and TrackMasters. More info here: http://www.trackmasters-racing.com/

Thanks for being a Z2 customer!"

I think I will sign up!

youngster775

Quote from: JENX!!! on August 05, 2010, 08:24:33 PM
The one @ MMP last year was hosted by Yamaha Champions racing school. ( Free for all yamaha owners )
Z2 does the " Buy a new Yamaha sportsbike you get a free trackday" offer. ( free only if u buy a new bike ) We are lucky that they are letting older sportsbike in for a small fee.

on a side note:
Ducati offers a free Trackday + a ducati canopy and chairs if you get a new superbike. AWSOME!!!! ;D
this event is the same event as last year, except Z2 has thier hands in it this time.
2006 R1-50th,2004 R6 trackbike,2005 GSXR-600,2001 ZX6 trackbike,2005 YZ-250F

Rick Bay (BRA)

I just signed up too.

Like reno240sx said: As long as I can get the days off work I will be there.  ;D

Jp_Rio

Quote from: Rick Tahoe on August 06, 2010, 11:48:36 AM
I just signed up too.

Like reno240sx said: As long as I can get the days off work I will be there.  ;D

Sweet meu camarada!!! I hope you get the days off, cause I just realized that it will be on weekdays, so I will have to ask for days off as well and hope that I dont have any class on that day!  :-\

So in case you are going, how are you taking your bike???
What?? Trackday?? I'm in!!!

Rick Bay (BRA)

Quote from: Jp_Rio on August 06, 2010, 01:04:07 PM
Quote from: Rick Tahoe on August 06, 2010, 11:48:36 AM
I just signed up too.

Sweet meu camarada!!! I hope you get the days off, cause I just realized that it will be on weekdays, so I will have to ask for days off as well and hope that I dont have any class on that day!  :-\

So in case you are going, how are you taking your bike???

Dude, I don't know yet how I'll take my bike. I think my little pick up truck can not make that far. I'm still thinking about it. DO you have any ideas.  :-\

Jp_Rio

Quote from: Rick Tahoe on August 08, 2010, 02:17:02 PM
Dude, I don't know yet how I'll take my bike. I think my little pick up truck can not make that far. I'm still thinking about it. DO you have any ideas.  :-\

The only one I can think about is asking around here on the Forum... So, taking the chance: In case I could make it, could someone give me and my friend Rick Tahoe a ride???  ;D
What?? Trackday?? I'm in!!!