Main Menu

SSA Track Day Aug. 21 and 22 Thiniking of bring in a band for Sat. Night

Started by A DRAGON, July 10, 2010, 01:01:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adiggity

Cool idea. I'd be down for that. The balloon fight sounds awesome. I can see it now. "Um, didn't get road rash from crashing. Nope. Got it from a balloon fight in the paddock at the track."  :D

A DRAGON

Dave Moss from Catalyst Reaction will be attending the 8/20 and 21 weekend SSA event at RFR. He will be offering suspension support at $20 for a one time set up and $40 for all morning long to work with you and provide continual suspension analysis and change to get the bike to work for you and your riding style. He will be available from 7.30am until the riders meeting and will stay through 5pm on Saturday, but has to leave by 1pm on Sunday to be at Thunderhill Sunday evening.

Dave will be holding a brief suspension seminar at lunchtime on Saturday and Sunday to introduce some basic concepts and present his growing and highly successful suspension school to see if there is any interest in putting that school on for the October SSA RFR event. More information on the school can be found here:

http://www.crstuning.com/suspension_school.html

http://www.onthethrottle.com/howto/motorcycle-suspension-tuning-school-by-dave-moss/

The cost for the school will be $80 per person, maximum 10 riders. There's a lot of homework and preparation to do prior to the school that will take you an hour or so, and all that prep has to be done before you get to the track. You will set up in the hot pit lane, bike (front and rear stands allowed if using tire warmers) only with tools needed on the wall.

If you have any questions about the school, you can email Dave directly:_ dave@crstuning.com

Also note that if you know riders that have not had their street, sport touring, dirt or dual sport bike set up, get them to the track any time after 2pm on Saturday so they can get the benefit of Dave's help in having a much safer bike to ride no matter what terrain they cover!

Dave Moss just sent me this. So if your thinking of doing his school. This will give you a little heads up of what to expect.
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

Adiggity

Sweet! Any word on what is going on for the potential band/balloon fight?

A DRAGON

That's kinda dying out. But the DJ is looking pretty good. I'm hoping we get enough interested so we can have Tri-tip for the bar b que. That would be the greatest.
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

Jp_Rio

Quote from: A DRAGON on July 21, 2010, 12:56:18 PM

http://www.crstuning.com/suspension_school.html

Just checked that link and it sounds like something really interesting to try but what caught my attention was something out of topic: That blond chick on the video is pretty hot (Hope is not anyone of our members wife/girlfriend and if it is, please, see this as a compliment  ;D ;D). I would be extremely satisfied having a girlfriend with those characteristics, especially the ZX-6R!  ;)

Does anybody know any single cute sportbike girl rider to introduce me??? (What is this? E-harmony know, JP??) ;D ;D

Just kidding guys... but that she is hot, oh she is!!  8)
What?? Trackday?? I'm in!!!

A DRAGON

Wow. That Dave Moss can explain the suspension so well. I'm really looking forward to his school. I really liked that.

I think I'd better change my fork oil before the class.
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

Dragone

Quote from: A DRAGON on July 22, 2010, 10:43:26 AM
Wow. That Dave Moss can explain the suspension so well. I'm really looking forward to his school. I really liked that.

I think I'd better change my fork oil before the class.

I agree jerome.  his dvd's are good but in person?  that would be fantastic

There is a chance of another band if interested.  we will chat

A DRAGON

In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750