Main Menu

SSA Track Day Aug. 21 and 22 Thiniking of bring in a band for Sat. Night

Started by A DRAGON, July 10, 2010, 01:01:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

A DRAGON

Thought I'd let you know of something I was thinking about doing for our track Day on Aug 21st and 22nd

Thinking of bringing in a Band in for Saturday night for a few hrs. Thought we could camp and have a little event for a track day. I was thinking about the band starting at about 8:30 and going till 10:30. Don't want to keep people up to late. With a bar b que. (Chicken, pasta salad and mashed potatoes dinner roll and a drink.) Bring in some showers so we can get cleaned up for the next day if you have to sleep in you truck. I was also thinking of holding a water balloon fight with 2 man teams. You could wear a back pack filled with water balloons and Super Soakers in each hand. Once your empty your done. Who ever is the driest wins a Gift Certificate to Toys R Us. Weather should be very Hot. So shouldn't be any issues with it going below 60 degrees at night.

Just a thought. It would cost about $20.00 to $40.00 extra per rider on Saturday. It's something that has never been done before. I thought it would be something that would a be a once every year thing to look forward to. Where you could really do something different and make it a memorable event. It would be open to only the people doing the track day. If you have friends with you. They would be welcome.

Let me know what you think. All constructive comments are welcome. :gnorsi:

SCR Threadhttp://www.sacramentocrotchrockets.com/forums/showthread.php?p=40520#post40520
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

Rick Bay (BRA)

That is an interesting idea Jerome.

If it really works all the others Track Day Provide will copy this idea because it's awesome. That's
help to keep the rider's family or friends occupied too.

What kind music are you thinking to bring in?

Congratulations for the idea.  :)

A DRAGON

I'm don't sure yet. I really like Jazz. But I looking at Scaw(I hope that's the way you spell it) right now (Kaizer Sosa) I also have a number Dean gave me for a blues band.  ;)
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

dmh2000

I'd stay overnight for that. my old lady (that's biker talk for wife) would even come out. but the band has to have some rock to it. good luck getting a consensus on the type of music.
dave

n10sive

toys R us?! They sell bike stuff there now?! :o man...I can tell you're a dad now! ;D  :D
BMW R1200RT, 03 636 Track Bike

Team Gorgonzola

Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube.
-Hunter S. Thompson-

A DRAGON

Well I was thinking it's more for the kids than the grown ups. But I can change that to.

SCR in Sac has suggested maybe a DJ instead of a band. Brings down the cost. I cool with that Idea. I'll be able to put more toward the Bar B Que I think. Their also talking about a movie for the night. So G We might need your big screen if Chad don't come out.

Need to find a radar gun. Does anyone know anyone with one we could Rent? Please feel free to give them my contact number.

I need to post this up on the BARF as well.  Dale could you please get it started or I can if your to busy

SCR Thread:http://www.sacramentocrotchrockets.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2928
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

reno240sx

Quote from: A DRAGON on July 10, 2010, 01:01:17 AMIt would cost about $20.00 to $40.00 extra per rider on Saturday.

Is the $20-40 going to be added on to the cost of the track day or something we pay if we are staying? I will probably head home Saturday night and don't really want to pay the extra money for something I won't be participating in.

Justino

Quote from: A DRAGON on July 10, 2010, 08:23:04 PM
We might need your big screen if Chad don't come out.
Chad and I are coming.  You don't need to worry about big screen or a projector. I don't know if my collar bone will keep me off the track or not. 
Riding on the street is a lot like living with your parents.

Team Gorgonzola

Quote from: Justino on July 12, 2010, 02:23:29 PM
Quote from: A DRAGON on July 10, 2010, 08:23:04 PM
We might need your big screen if Chad don't come out.
Chad and I are coming.  You don't need to worry about big screen or a projector. I don't know if my collar bone will keep me off the track or not. 
Yeah but do you have a up-scaling progressive Denon DVD player and a HD 720p projector?? ;D
Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube.
-Hunter S. Thompson-

Team Gorgonzola

Quote from: reno240sx on July 11, 2010, 10:00:44 AM
Quote from: A DRAGON on July 10, 2010, 01:01:17 AMIt would cost about $20.00 to $40.00 extra per rider on Saturday.

Is the $20-40 going to be added on to the cost of the track day or something we pay if we are staying? I will probably head home Saturday night and don't really want to pay the extra money for something I won't be participating in.
The band thing is not for sure, if I am correct. Peter, no way you would have to pay for something you won't participate in. BTW I wonder if I can keep p with you...now ;D
-Hunter S. Thompson-

A DRAGON

No Peter. You won't have to pay if you don't participate. But I really think you might. It's getting to sound like something to look forward to every year. I have to check with an RV rental business and see if we can get some at a low price. That way you should be able to stay for a  very reasonable price..  I want to have some real nice food for the bar b Q.  But we'll see what happens.
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

Justino

Quote from: Team Gorgonzola on July 12, 2010, 11:41:11 PM

Yeah but do you have a up-scaling progressive Denon DVD player and a HD 720p projector?? ;D
[/quote]

We can use yours, projected onto the same screen as Chad's and see if we can make the movies 3d.
Riding on the street is a lot like living with your parents.

reno240sx

Quote from: A DRAGON on July 13, 2010, 12:38:17 AM
No Peter. You won't have to pay if you don't participate. But I really think you might. It's getting to sound like something to look forward to every year. I have to check with an RV rental business and see if we can get some at a low price. That way you should be able to stay for a  very reasonable price..  I want to have some real nice food for the bar b Q.  But we'll see what happens.

Cool, thanks Jerome. My bed just sounds so nice after a day on the track that it's a tough decision whether or not to stay out there.

Quote from: Team Gorgonzola on July 12, 2010, 11:44:19 PM
The band thing is not for sure, if I am correct. Peter, no way you would have to pay for something you won't participate in. BTW I wonder if I can keep p with you...now ;D

Cool, that's what I figuredI'm looking forward to dicing it up with you  ;D

Team Gorgonzola

-Hunter S. Thompson-