Main Menu

My first track day ever!! (Video)

Started by Jp_Rio, June 24, 2010, 11:45:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jp_Rio

Here it is,

This video was made during the first two laps of the 2:40pm C class session on June 19th 2010. Matt was the guy following me and I am the "guy in white leathers"!  ;D

As the title already says, this is a NEWBIE video, so... take it easy on the critics! Although they are all welcome!

On my side:

- Less than 1 year of experience riding motorcycles!!  :D;
- A little over a month owning this R6 (used to ride a Ninja 250 before) and;
- First track experience!

Against me:

The footage!!

I'll let you guys take your own conclusions... Enjoy the "scared knee dance"!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=obRTTXmz3pQ

What?? Trackday?? I'm in!!!

Justino

Awesome video.

I remember my first time.  It was frightening and I felt cramped and pressured and it was physically exhausting. . . her name was Jennifer.
I also remember my first track day. It went much better!
Riding on the street is a lot like living with your parents.

A DRAGON

JP Your not that far off. For a first timer. Setting up those cones really helped you out a lot. You are so much ahead of the newbies I've seen. Baby you look good.
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

n10sive

you definitely know where the throttle is on that R6 ;D

I think these trailing videos are really helpful. You probably noticed that you didn't move your butt off the seat much (if at all). As you progress, you'll find that getting off the bike in the corners will help you a lot. In august, you should concentrate hard on body position and not speed. That you have in the straights. Once you get your body position improved, you'll be moving up through the groups faster than you think!

Good work.
BMW R1200RT, 03 636 Track Bike

mikey

ducati brothers

916 (2wcp 955 big bore kit)

Jp_Rio

Quote from: Justino on June 25, 2010, 12:31:58 AM
I remember my first time.  It was frightening and I felt cramped and pressured and it was physically exhausting. . . her name was Jennifer.
I also remember my first track day. It went much better!

I thought you had named your bike "Jennifer" for a split of a second...then I read the other line!!

Justino

That first line is a story all it's own.
I tell a few tales when we camp on Saturday night at the track.  I hope you can hear some of those stories in August.
Riding on the street is a lot like living with your parents.

Jp_Rio

Thanks for all those great comment guys! Very helpful to have experienced riders giving you feedback like that! Awesome!

Quote from: A DRAGON on June 25, 2010, 03:51:56 AM
Setting up those cones really helped you out a lot.

It did indeed... actually, being able to be on the track before the actual riding was the thing. I could have a much better idea of the turns compared to when watching the videos. Watching that video from rick_tahoe, that I mentioned, also helped a lot. If wasn't for that, I dont think I was going to be able to keep up with the sighting laps (my instructor caught all the other groups... ;D)

Quote from: n10sive on June 25, 2010, 07:04:14 AM
I think these trailing videos are really helpful. You probably noticed that you didn't move your butt off the seat much (if at all). As you progress, you'll find that getting off the bike in the corners will help you a lot. In august, you should concentrate hard on body position and not speed. That you have in the straights. Once you get your body position improved, you'll be moving up through the groups faster than you think!

Good work.

It's amazing how those Videos are so "educational". At that moment, on the bike, I thought half of my body was out of the seat, but as one can see, doesn't even look like I am moving! Thanks Dale, I'll definitely try working on my body position for the next time, together with the entrance for the turns before and after the sunset strip (those were a pain all day long). I guess the only way of doing it is practicing and I am 100% up for the challenge!!

Is it August yet??  :D

Team Gorgonzola

Hey Joao, make sure you come see me at the SSA trackdays, there are a couple of tricks that help with body positioning, that I want to show you. ;D
Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube.
-Hunter S. Thompson-

Jp_Rio

Quote from: Team Gorgonzola on July 20, 2010, 12:59:00 PM
Hey Joao, make sure you come see me at the SSA trackdays, there are a couple of tricks that help with body positioning, that I want to show you. ;D

I will indeed, my friend!  ;)

A DRAGON

JP are you up and running yet? I need to see you. I'm sorry about Saturday. So many things for 1 retired man to do. Are yo working everyday this week? I'll see you at La Vecchia.
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

Jp_Rio

Quote from: A DRAGON on July 20, 2010, 03:19:14 PM
JP are you up and running yet? I need to see you. I'm sorry about Saturday. So many things for 1 retired man to do. Are yo working everyday this week? I'll see you at La Vecchia.

No my retired friend, not quite there yet. But I am working hard on both of us (me and my bike - which I think will be recovered faster than me)! I dont think I can make to the bike night tonight though...  :-\

A DRAGON

In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750