Main Menu

Band Saw to cut muffler

Started by gsxr600scoot, May 10, 2010, 04:37:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gsxr600scoot

Anyone got a bandsaw or access to a band saw? I am looking ot cut down a couple of mufflers which blew holes in the side of them so i can turn them into shorties?

MotoPutz

I do all my metal working at my dads shop in Yerington, I don't think that is helpful for you...

GreenMachine

This guy used a Dremel and posted a how-to here.
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

scotinexcile

I have a drill press and a cutting wheel on my air compressor. Wheel wont cut the titanium and I already burned out 3 or 4 drill bits on the rivets. Thanks for the link to the how to  ;D

Justin

Hey,
Cbrrider and gsxr6scoot are nowhere near as cool as this screen name. Glad to see it today

MotoPutz

that name sounds so samiliar... but I thought it use to have more posts then that   ;D :D

scotinexcile

Quote from: Putz on May 11, 2010, 09:16:00 AM
that name sounds so samiliar... but I thought it use to have more posts then that   ;D :D

Always a newbie  ;D

scotinexcile

Quote from: Gangplank on May 11, 2010, 01:52:30 PM
Quote from: scotinexcile on May 11, 2010, 09:24:05 AM
Quote from: Putz on May 11, 2010, 09:16:00 AM

Always a newbie  ;D

Welcome back.  Glad to know scotinexile is not exlied any longer.  Was sort of expecting to see it come back as scotNOTinexile...  ;) :D

I am trying to stay within a certain quiet level, not sure how long it will last but i will try my best  ;D

rick07r6

Hey Alan, i have a battery powered reciprocating saw that might work...Its a Ryobi, so it might not :lol anyways let me know if you want to try it.

99 900ss duc

what is the diameter? i have a pair of pipe cutters (like tubing cutters except bigger)
think plumbing. it will open to 3 inchs

scotinexcile

Quote from: rick07r6 on May 11, 2010, 05:19:29 PM
Hey Alan, i have a battery powered reciprocating saw that might work...Its a Ryobi, so it might not :lol anyways let me know if you want to try it.

I am willing to give it a try and see if it will work. Depends on the blade i woudl think if you ahve a "fine" tooth one I think there is more chance of it working

scotinexcile

Quote from: XXXXL on May 11, 2010, 06:28:35 PM
what is the diameter? i have a pair of pipe cutters (like tubing cutters except bigger)
think plumbing. it will open to 3 inchs

The pipe is oval in shape and probably 5 1/2 - 5" at the largest part of the oval. Thank you for the offer though  ;D