Main Menu

Lodi Short Track Night?

Started by Mel, April 07, 2014, 07:19:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mel

Hey guys,

Is there any interest from you guys on going to a Saturday night short track race in Lodi? I've got room for 5 in my Dodge Caravan. We would leave here about 12:00 noon and get there in plenty of time for the start of practice at 3:00pm, with racing starting at 5:00pm. The races have to be finished no later than 11:00pm, so that puts us back in Reno by 1:30am.

I got my start in dirttrack racing at Lodi Cycle Bowl in 1967. Lodi has turned out so many national and world champions with guys like Kenny Roberts Sr and Jr, Chris Carr, Wayne Rainey, Doug Chandler, and the list goes on! The track is owned by the Lodi Motorcycle Club, and they have been putting on races there for over 50 years, so they have it down pat with their program. It's like stepping back in time for me as they have the same bleachers and snack shack, where you can actually get beer and food at a reasonable price, not like at pro ball games where they rape you on food prices. You never know who's gonna show up as spectators for the races. One night we were there and I was sitting next to Kenny Sr's dad who was just enjoying watching the up and coming youngsters. It's only 10 bucks to get in and 15 bucks for a pit pass if you want to check out the bikes and riders. If you've never been to a dirttrack race, then you owe it to yourself to check one out. I can just about promise that you will have a good time 8)! Here's a link to the schedule and I'm thinking maybe April 26th before it gets too damn hot over in the valley. Click on About in the top menu bar and then click on Track History for some good reading! Let me know if any of you want to go.

http://lodicyclebowl.com/dirt-track.html

Mel

RenoRider75

You did a good job of selling it.   ;D  Sounds like fun to me.