Main Menu

another trackday thank you

Started by dmh2000, July 29, 2008, 06:33:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dmh2000

Thanks to everyone who helped out after I wrecked. Special thanks to the donor of the shift rod that let me get back on the track. I didn't get your name, but thanks.

I learned a lesson. I am a C group rider, but I was thinking, 'b-group, b-group' as I pressed harder and went a little too far. I realized I need to avoid trying to compete on a trackday. That aside, when is the next one?

ok, now a question : my bike (cbr600rr)  is in ok shape (already ordered new slider pucks and a clutch lever) but there are two spots on the plastic that are pretty scarred up. I will get new ones after the season but for now I would like just to smooth it out. what's the recommended method for dressing up the plastic? should I just sand it down? wet sand? what grit? or ?

As Justin said, I was just prepping my bike for flush mount turn signals.

dave

weavefish

the guy that hooked you up was Greg a.k.a oneup. battle scares man! did you see my CBR? its got wounds of a warrior  ::)

hows your shoulder?
It's not that I'm afraid to die, I just don't want to be there when it happens. - Woody Allen

A DRAGON

I know you want to fix your bike as soon as possible :-\ It sucks when you crash. I generally take off all the decals on that side leave it. But if your a body and paint guy you know what it takes.  If you need some one to do it for you Pedro does an excellent job. He did my Kawasaki and matched the paint. There are still a few guys on this forum that paint. If you need some help. Or yes do it your self. There are so many things to do at this point.

I was really happy you decided to come back on the track and ride. Good for you. You can send me a pm or you can call  Jerome @ 560-6998  good luck. Our next track day is in October 5th. Pacific is coming in the 2nd weedend in August for 99 a day. So check with Pacifictracktime.com
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

dmh2000

My shoulder is ok. just some roadrash.  Other than that I was ok. It looks like my jacket collar pulled down when I slid. I guess I need better leathers.

dave

weavefish

or just tigher ones... were you wearing a back protector? that usually snuggs em up a bit
It's not that I'm afraid to die, I just don't want to be there when it happens. - Woody Allen

Johnny

Dave, glad to hear your ok  and it was nice meeting you.  You should try to get a hold of Pedro for the body work or advice.  I've seen his work and it looked great!  I look forward riding on the track with you this summer :)

Justin

fix only what needs to be fixed for now. Buy and install flush mounts then pick up Greg at his house (in Napa) on your way to a Laguna Seca track day.  The off season is the "fix/change" season

dmh2000

dave

zipbyu

Quote from: weavefish on July 29, 2008, 10:34:20 PM
the guy that hooked you up was Greg a.k.a oneup. battle scares man! did you see my CBR? its got wounds of a warrior.

Hey, I knew Greg had Oneup on his tool box, and helped him out with the contact.  Where is my credit Tom.....Well Jerone told me to help him out, so Jerome gets the credit.
     Isn't it cool so many people help each other out a the track.  Tahoe Johnny also let someone borrow his leathers.  I also picked up the debris in the back strait at lunch, while retriving sidneys r6, and found the owner to the mirror blockoff.  He didn't know it was missing, while tring to advoid it on the track for two sessions.  Ha.
myron

MotoPutz

nice use of your quote tags there Myron

zipbyu

I was schooled in Chicago, what the hell is a "quote tag"?

MotoPutz

when you are quoting someone, it puts a "tag" its the word 'quote' inside of [brackets] and come other header information in the brackets as well. and when the quote is done it puts a closing tag which is '\quote" inside brackets.  If your reply is inbetween the two sets of brackets, it thinks its still part of the quote and therefore highlights your reply in white.

zipbyu

You so smart, what were we talking about?

MotoPutz

your post 5 above that has your reply as part of the quote...

zipbyu

Dude, are you on my ass?  That doesn't happen on the track. ;)