Main Menu

can i fit two bikes in the back of....

Started by pizza, July 13, 2010, 01:29:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pizza

... a chevy S-10????

anyone done that to midsize trucks like that one or a ford ranger or anything??
WARNING: fast Buell, slow owner!

Boulevard Pizza- The freshest thin crust pizza in Sparks.

2wcp

Just cuz two Jap sportbikes will fit, doesn't mean that big ol pig of a bike will fit. lol  :P
2 Wheel Custom Performance
2536 Sutro St Suite 12
Reno, NV 89512
775-303-1857
steve@2wcp.com
www.2wcp.com
Tues-Fri 10a-6p
Sat 10a-5p

ChrisM

i get 2 in the back of my little tacoma 2wd all the time....

youngster775

Quote from: 2wcp on July 13, 2010, 01:52:59 PM
Just cuz two Jap sportbikes will fit, doesn't mean that big ol pig of a bike will fit. lol  :P
:D :D :D :D
2006 R1-50th,2004 R6 trackbike,2005 GSXR-600,2001 ZX6 trackbike,2005 YZ-250F

GreenMachine

sparkygixxer was installing the front wheel retainers in a trailer she picked up at last Tuesday's bike nite.  I believe she staggered the front wheels so each bike's girth would also be staggered.  But don't quote me on that.
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

cobra23

I don't know about a pickup bed due to the tailgate situation, but in a small trailer we used to put one in facing the front, and one facing the rear, they squeeze into a smaller area that way.

I had three squeezed into a horse trailer once to haul to Laguna from Washington state. Two bikes facing front and one facing rear, all sandwichee like. That way the bars don't interfear with each other.

Oh dam there I go on the horse thing again....

dam horses........

sparkygixxer

Quote from: GreenMachine on July 13, 2010, 02:50:57 PM
sparkygixxer was installing the front wheel retainers in a trailer she picked up at last Tuesday's bike nite.  I believe she staggered the front wheels so each bike's girth would also be staggered.  But don't quote me on that.

I did indeed stagger the bikes in my 6'X12' trailer.  The bar end of the second bike comes to the seat of the first bike put in.  I trailered two bikes almost 500 miles to SLO this week and the car/trailer did great. I have a little Saturn, yes I said Saturn  ;D, Vue V6 and it pulled great up the hill over Donner.  I know when I had a 4 cylinder Ford Ranger, it pulled the bikes inside the bed, but the tie downs were an "interesting" set up and it did ok till I had to hit a grade, I would just go as fast as I could when I could see the hill so I wasn't in 2nd gear for so long.  LOL  but really, it was a joke on the grades. 
I'll be missing bike night tonight  :'(  see you guys maybe at the swim run!!!!

Justino

I have seen two bikes fit into a smaller than midsize truck.   Oneup has had two bikes in the back of his truck. . .
It was a Matchbox truck, i think.
Riding on the street is a lot like living with your parents.

Adiggity

Yes I have seen 2 bikes in the back of an S-10 sized truck before also.

A DRAGON

I hate to bragg. I can put 2 in the back of my full size with a shell on  and close the lid. It works real well. Make sure you have some help when getting ready. If you like call me and I'll come a take a look at it and we'll see if we can make them fit.   :D :D
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

pizza

why you always gotta pick on my fatass buell?!!? jeez steve!! hahaha
WARNING: fast Buell, slow owner!

Boulevard Pizza- The freshest thin crust pizza in Sparks.

Justino

Quote from: pizza on July 14, 2010, 11:17:43 PM

why you always gotta pick on my fatass buell?!!? jeez steve!! hahaha

Steve is right, though.  You're bike is definitely of 'American proportions.'   If you don't believe me, hang out anywhere in the United States.
Riding on the street is a lot like living with your parents.