Main Menu

Another new member

Started by Wilde Racing, November 08, 2009, 12:34:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wilde Racing

Hi,
I just bought my first street bike. a CBR 1000rr, yea I know a bit much for a first bike, but I've been riding my whole life on dirt and have a fair bit of experience on the street as I worked for a Honda dealership will in high school and collage. All of that said, I still suck at turning.. I'm 27 and have a wife and child so I must keep the stupid riding to a minimum. Anyway it is getting colder and I thought I'd do a bit of research when I ran across this forum..... Here's to having a short winter.......  :D

Dusty
05 CBR 1000rr

MotoPutz

Hey Dusty, nice to have a new face around. Welcome to the group. We aren't stupid riders but we are fast riders... Well atleast we work on being fast. You ever do track days or thinking about doing track days?

I'm not sure if you are the same guy but I think you worked with my best friend Daron... he moved back to Cali.

Wilde Racing

I was actually doing research for Track days at RFR when I found this place. Never done one, but I plan on it when the roads get warm again....

I did work with a guy named Daron who owned a CBR 600 I believe.
05 CBR 1000rr

MotoPutz

Yeah that was my bike. Ha. You do dirt riding still, we like to go out in the dirt as well.

Wilde Racing

No sadly. I sold my CR250 to fund my 800 hp turbo truck, which then funded my CBR1000rr.... I do plan on getting another some day...
05 CBR 1000rr

MotoPutz

Yeah I have seen the vids of your truck on youtube. Daron talked about it sometimes too. It was pretty sick.

Wilde Racing

Thanks.. I kept telling him the truck would beat the 600 in a drag race when I got it finished with it. I gave up on the truck long before it was that fast.....

If you cant beat -em, join -em.....
05 CBR 1000rr

XIII

Quote from: Wilde Racing on November 08, 2009, 12:34:55 PM
Hi,
I just bought my first street bike. a CBR 1000rr, yea I know a bit much for a first bike, but I've been riding my whole life on dirt and have a fair bit of experience on the street as I worked for a Honda dealership will in high school and collage. All of that said, I still suck at turning.. I'm 27 and have a wife and child so I must keep the stupid riding to a minimum. Anyway it is getting colder and I thought I'd do a bit of research when I ran across this forum..... Here's to having a short winter.......  :D

Dusty

Get this man to the track stat! Nurse! Flyers. Stickers. Info and a sign up sheet please!  ;D. Seriously though, trackdays are the best. I will look forward to meeting you once the trackday season begins anew (or in the next bike night). Start with RFR and everything will be cake. Then try out the other venues out west that are fairly close.

JENX!!!

WELCOME to SSA man !!!! we are your local track junkies. ;D ;D ;D

Hi my name is jenx and im a track junky.....

Wilde Racing

Thanks guys. can anyone link me to the rules and requirements for RFR? I want to know what I need to go out for a track day....

**edit** I found the "Track day info on the forum... SO how many are in the Slow "C" group???
05 CBR 1000rr

mikey

The ssa is the best group in the universe  ;D

welcome
ducati brothers

916 (2wcp 955 big bore kit)

XIII

Quote from: Wilde Racing on November 08, 2009, 05:06:51 PM
Thanks guys. can anyone link me to the rules and requirements for RFR? I want to know what I need to go out for a track day....

**edit** I found the "Track day info on the forum... SO how many are in the Slow "C" group???

ALL of us started in C group. Don't worry about such a thing. People will be bumped up when deemed capable. However, there are some that stay in C group until they are comfortable with the prospect. Others, just jump right up when given the chance due to experience. Man, it's too bad that the season is now almost over (already over?). I'm chomping at the bit already for next year...oh well, this just means that snowboarding is right around the corner.  ;D

mikey

I have been in C for all of my 5 or 6 track days in 2 years no big deal  ;D I feel like I am going fast great times.   Great news everyone, I now have Sunday and Mondays off now and I don't have to find someone to work for me to go to track day ;D
ducati brothers

916 (2wcp 955 big bore kit)

Justin

... I thought I'd do a bit of research when I ran across this forum.....
Dusty

Dusty, You are one lucky bastard. This is the best group anywhere.

youngster775

Quote from: 'Cool Whip' on November 08, 2009, 07:27:25 PM
... I thought I'd do a bit of research when I ran across this forum.....
Dusty

Dusty, You are one lucky bastard. This is the best group anywhere.
+1 welcome to our group!
2006 R1-50th,2004 R6 trackbike,2005 GSXR-600,2001 ZX6 trackbike,2005 YZ-250F