Main Menu

rose/28/kbury/monitor/sonora this afternoon 5/15

Started by Tahoebrian5, May 15, 2013, 10:12:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tahoebrian5

I'm planning on heading out around 2. Post up of you want to tag along.
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy." —Tom Waits

According to the latest survey, 3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the population.

GreenMachine

It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

GreenMachine

Oh, and I can't go.   Ride safe, of course.

Poker night.
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

dub

Are you gonna have enough time to do that loop if you leave that late?
Thanks to Sidi|Motion Pro|Vortex|Carters|Shoei for the support in 2019

Tahoebrian5

If I wear the bike out before I wear myself out then i win!

Plenty of time.. its light out till 8:30 or 9 and even if the last 1/2 hour is dark no problem

According to the latest survey, 3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the population.

GreenMachine

Didn't you say the other evening that you attract T-storms?

Where'd this stuff blow in from? It wasn't in the forecast.  I get a txt msg from you yesterday, look outside and it's raining.  Hmmm.  Are you a Rain Dancer by chance?  Medicine Man?  You may have a hidden talent.

Let me guess.  The bike's a rain mess from last evening's VC run.

BTW, funny happening on the 104 last night.  Going up the pass I was making a left on the knee and there's Mr. Sheriff/CHP coming down the road, 100 feet from me, right there.   I wasn't speeding...much.  :angel  I know he saw me, he'd have to be blind not to.  Same SUV we saw racing to Loyalton Monday evening.  Bright green bike with the rider hanging out over the road.  Easy pickup for him.  He just kept on going.  SWEET!  I got use of my 2013 "A Dragon" free pass.

GreenMachine

Quote from: Tahoebrian5 on May 15, 2013, 12:13:26 PM
If I wear the bike out before I wear myself out then i win!...
:champion  :D  That's one way of looking at it.  Goes for the both of us.  I want my tires bald, engine ready to explode in a fury and I'm 95 y.o., still acting like a kid.

Tahoebrian5

I know.. jeeez where'd this wind come from. My forecast said 15mph!

Tahoebrian5

Yep, I cancelled due to the wind. Talked to a friend in Tahoe and its blowing like mad up there too. Damn!

GreenMachine

Never gave local roads much thought until screwing around yesterday, but there's one little knee dragging gem just miles from us TB5.  <This little left-hander> (the white car just finished it).  It's tighter than it appears.  Probably a 15 or 20MPH unmarked corner.
No riding for me today.  :rainday

Tahoebrian5

Been there!

I actually went out yesterday after all. Did the entire route minus Sonora starting at 3:45, back at 8:30. Was actually really nice out and I got to meet the cute new bar tender in malarkyville by the name of Kelsey.

dub

Quote from: GreenMachine on May 16, 2013, 09:19:02 AMNo riding for me today.  :rainday

I rode in to work this morn.  It rained the whole way.  Luckily my dork suit kept me dry.

Quote from: Tahoebrian5 on May 16, 2013, 09:43:54 AMI actually went out yesterday after all. Did the entire route minus Sonora starting at 3:45, back at 8:30. Was actually really nice out and I got to meet the cute new bar tender in malarkyville by the name of Kelsey.

Glad to see you went out.  I was just about to make fun of you for not riding due to 'wind'.
Thanks to Sidi|Motion Pro|Vortex|Carters|Shoei for the support in 2019