Main Menu

april 13 or 14 ride - MRR!

Started by Tahoebrian5, April 11, 2013, 04:30:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tahoebrian5

Hey everybody, I'm planning on riding this weekend.. thinking about maybe mesquito ridge road. Anyone interested? I could do either day but Saturday looks a bit warmer. So for the sake of getting something started I'll say Saturday the 13th, leave North McCarran starbucks at 9:30, head down 80 to Forest hill exit, up n back on MRR, or if its passable we can continue on to WWS / Ice House and return via hwy 50. I'm open to route suggestions also.
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy." —Tom Waits

According to the latest survey, 3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the population.

GreenMachine

You really know how to hit a guy!

Wish I was going.  Sounds awesome.  If my plans change in the next 24 hours, I'll txt you.  10% chance of that.   :-[
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

dub

I was also thinking of riding West this weekend.

But, I have to work Saturday; if you switch to Sunday I'm in.  I would meet you at hwy 89 and I-80.  And if you are worried about the cold, maybe push back the start a couple of hours.  No need to freeze first thing in the morning.  Stays light plenty late.

Thanks to Sidi|Motion Pro|Vortex|Carters|Shoei for the support in 2019

dub

Oh yeah, and the chatter on SCR seems to be that WWS is still snowed in.  It's not maintained past Stumpy Meadows.

Tahoebrian5

Right on, Sunday it is. I'm not worried about the cold at all. What time you wanna meet?

According to the latest survey, 3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the population.

dub

Quote from: Tahoebrian5 on April 12, 2013, 06:41:10 PMWhat time you wanna meet?

It's your show.  Just tell me what time you are leaving the *$ and I'll meet you right here 30 minutes later.

Tahoebrian5

Ok, lets meet in Truckee at Wild Cherries coffee shop, (across the street from 7-11 and the mountain bike store, near the high school) at 10am, Sunday

dub

dub

Tahoebrian5

Looks like just us so far. If anyone else is planning on going please post up. I'll run by Starbucks really quick just in case though

dub

Wow!  That turned out to be a great ride!  Perfect Sunday ride to kick off the season.  Thanks for leading Brian, looking forward to next time.

Tahoebrian5

Ya that was amazing for April! Icehouse was in excellent shape and WWS was very cool.. Going from perfectly clean knee draggers to feet out on both sides going thru the snow n back again. Good times. Btw, I couldn't resist the tank bag envy so just bought myself the same Ogio as yours on eBay.

GreenMachine

Brian rides and the next day it snows.

You need to ride all Winter so we can have a decent snowpack.
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.