Main Menu

2013 Kawasaki ZX-6R - Thoughts?

Started by BMWSportRider, October 27, 2012, 11:55:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BMWSportRider

In my question for a super sport bike, I have been poking around at liter bikes and non-liter bikes. Given insurance is just rediculous for a 40 year old man on a liter bike, I have been looking for other options.

I wanted to see what people's thoughts were on the new 2013 Kawasaki ZX-6R motorcycle. Has anyone ridden it on the streets/highways in the Reno area? I recall my BMW F800ST vibrated a lot on those highway gradings (that run parallel to the road) they dig into the concrete sections on I-80.

The reviews on the ZX6R are pretty good and it is a solid mid-weight sport motorcycle. It comes with traction control and two engine modes, ABS, and improved torque in the low and mid engine ranges.

I will check with the local Kawasaki dealer to see if I can test ride it. I will report back my findings if I get to do that.
Motorcycles in my stable:
2008 BMW R1200RT (Sport Touring)
2011 BMW K1300S (Sportier Riding and Touring)

2005 Ellsworth Truth (OK, that's my mountain bike!)

Mel

One of my  riding buddies from back home just recently picked one up and he loves it. He was running a CBR600R and is an AFM champ in 600 Superbike, 750 Superbike, and Formula 40 Middleweight. Not sure if he is going to race it next year or not. That would probably be my choice for a middleweight super sport for sure.

Mel