Main Menu

Sunday 9th Ride?

Started by sparkygixxer, September 06, 2012, 02:26:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sparkygixxer

Looks like I have Sunday off, whoot, whoot!  Are there any takers to make the Sunday ride longer if weather permits?
Let me know  ;D

GreenMachine

I was thinking of just getting up at dawn and riding until dark, taking pictures along the way.  But it would be much more fun, even if shorter, to ride with some of my friends.  The ride season is coming to a close, fall and shorter days are almost upon us.  Time to pack in something fun.

Where are you leading us Sparky?  :evil1
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

Tahoebrian5

I'm planning on riding.. Was wanting to do something good n all day.. Like maybe dville to bucks with a la Porte bonus. My friend Rob is planning on riding so would be a first group ride for him. Anyway.. Not trying to hijack your ride, just throwing it out there!
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy." —Tom Waits

According to the latest survey, 3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the population.

dr1150

I'm up for a ride, just need to know where  and when.
"You start the game of life with a full pot o' luck and an empty pot
o' experience... The object is to fill the pot of experience before you
empty the pot of luck."

Tahoebrian5

What's the plan? Starbucks? Standard 8:30?

According to the latest survey, 3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the population.

dr1150

empty the pot of luck."

Tahoebrian5

Ok I have a bit of a dilemma.. My buddy that I always invite but never shows decided to ride tomorrow. Now normally wouldn't be a problem but this guy is a handfull to be around on a bike.., not sure if I'd be comfortable mixing with respectable riders so I may have to bow out and do you guys a favor.

Tahoebrian5

I'm back in, be there at 8:30

dr1150

empty the pot of luck."

GreenMachine

What's with you early birds!   :D

I'll try to make it 8:45.  Texting U guys now.
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

Tahoebrian5

Ok... A bit of confusion going on. We are at the north s bucks on mccarran in Reno, we will be heading out at 9:20 and waiting in sierraville for 15 mins or so for people to catch up. I'm gonna go ahead and blame sparky for lack of direction, where you at Trinnie?!

GreenMachine

Seems we missed out on two riders today.  DR1150 showed up at the correct South Route Starbucks, but Brian's ride was North Route.  A Respol Honda rider missed our group by minutes and DR understandably didn't want to add another 40 miles to the 40 he'd already traveled.  Today was another one of Brian's long rides. 
:disco :egyptian :banana2

I can add another Bar & Grill to my list after stopping for lunch in La Porte.   It's the one at the east side of town.  Quick friendly service.  Food was quite good.  Lastly we stopped for refreshments and to chat it up at the Pizza Factory in Quincy.  What a wonderful day of riding!

Tahoebrian5

My best ride of the year I'm claiming, despite having to stop and tear all my gear off after getting a bee sting down my back. There are some interesting pictures in that bar photo! And look on the tv, it must bee a police apb for a rogue motorcyclist.

GreenMachine

Quote from: Tahoebrian5 on September 10, 2012, 08:16:17 AM
My best ride of the year I'm claiming, despite having to stop and tear all my gear off after getting a bee sting down my back. There are some interesting pictures in that bar photo! And look on the tv, it must bee a police apb for a rogue motorcyclist.
Forgot to even ask you about that later in the day.  How's the sting feel now?  You didn't even mention it after the initial discovery.  Right on the back of your spine.  Had to have hurt.

Oooh, my rear tire is so nicely shaped again.  It was getting rather flat from all the straightline riding.  NOT ANYMORE!  :D

Between putting up pictures of us on their walls, $2.40 beer, that awesome little salad bar, and ice-cream cookie sandwiches, Pizza Factory is starting to grow on me as my favorite Quincy food stop.