Main Menu

Back to the Shop I Go

Started by speed kitty, August 19, 2010, 09:43:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

speed kitty

Well, back to 2WCP  this Saturday, my baby has some oil leak issue and I just had it changed, uggg, put Motul in it too so $10 a quart is all over my bike ... sad times  :'(

sparkygixxer

hopefully it just needs a new/cleaned drain plug/washer, or is the filter just loose?  Those have been the culprits in my time with small oil leaks.  :-\

bummer though, it always sucks to have to take care of the bike when you thought it was all good and ready to go

GreenMachine

Oil leaks are unheard of nowdays.  I'll spare you the well used HD comparisons.  An old mechanics trick to determining the oil leak source is to sprinkle baking powder on the oily engine surfaces, then run the bike.  The source should reveal itself.
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

speed kitty

Quote from: GreenMachine on August 19, 2010, 10:02:11 AM
Oil leaks are unheard of nowdays.  I'll spare you the well used HD comparisons.  An old mechanics trick to determining the oil leak source is to sprinkle baking powder on the oily engine surfaces, then run the bike.  The source should reveal itself.

I will have to try that when I get home tonight. The wierd thing is the bike seemed fine after the oil change right before our ride last Sunday, I didn't notice anything wrong until Downeyville. I don't know if it's because by that point the oil pressure was high enough to cause an issue or what. I'm hoping it's something small cause I just spent about $400 on the damn thing between Michaels and 2WCP.  >:(

A DRAGON

Kitty. Sorry to hear of those damm leaks. >:( One thing to consider. On my Kawasaki I used Motul synthetic Oil and my bike just didn't like it. I know it's good oil. My bike just used it. It burned it most of the time and seeped in others.  ???

I am an supporter of synthetic oil. Example: I ran my '04 750 for over 3 minutes with out oil and didn't hurt it on bit. I just knew I lunched the motor. Took it to Zoran he found no shavings anywhere and just just ride it and see if something happens. 1 year later nothing. Still runs strong and no problems.  ;D ;D ;D

So think about this. Maybe your baby just don't like Motul. Don't be married to the oil you like. Go with the one your baby likes best. Sometimes you just have to be willing to try something new. Maybe It's  not even  the problem. But just something for you to consider. Good luck with that.

Are you coming to ride Taste of The Track this weekend? I hope so. We need to see that baby of yours and meet your man.  ;D
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

speed kitty

Hey, ya that's a good thought. I'll talk to the guy at the shop when I bring it in on Sat.

I really have to study this weekend. I have my first exam on Monday and I need to pass it. I will probably wait for the track until next time. If I pass this class and get my license it's more $$ to spend for stuff like track days, the paint job I want to get, etc  ;D. I don't think I have class on Tues night so I may be able to make to your bike night and bring the hubby, we will see  ;)

2wcp

Swing it by, whether it was something we did or didn't do we'll take care of it. Don't worry.  ;D
2 Wheel Custom Performance
2536 Sutro St Suite 12
Reno, NV 89512
775-303-1857
steve@2wcp.com
www.2wcp.com
Tues-Fri 10a-6p
Sat 10a-5p

sparkygixxer

Quote from: speed kitty on August 19, 2010, 02:18:33 PM
I don't think I have class on Tues night so I may be able to make to your bike night and bring the hubby, we will see  ;)

Very cool, its more discussion out by the bikes too.  See ya then!
Quote from: 2wcp on August 19, 2010, 09:45:26 PM
Swing it by, whether it was something we did or didn't do we'll take care of it. Don't worry.  ;D
;D What a guy ;D
Caring...and can ride a bike too.  LOL

A DRAGON

Missed you tonight Sparky...... Just wanted you to know you were missed. ;)
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

sparkygixxer

Quote from: A DRAGON on August 19, 2010, 11:56:35 PM
Missed you tonight Sparky...... Just wanted you to know you were missed. ;)
Ahhhh, thanx Boss  ;D   Here's a big hug xoxo

speed kitty

Quote from: 2wcp on August 19, 2010, 09:45:26 PM

Ya, I will bring it in on Sat after 12:00. Thanks for making sure someone would be there. I know most of you guys will be at the track.  ;)

A DRAGON

In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

Grey Goat

Now there is a fantasy-group-hug I can get into ... thanks for the visual, Dragon! 

All my scooters (2 & 4 cyl) have purred on Amsoil, but in any case oil brand should not cause a leak.

speed kitty

Quote from: A DRAGON on August 20, 2010, 11:00:06 AM
AAAHHH Me too

I had to save the photo as my desktop background, too cute  ;) .... I know, I know, I'm a dork  :P