Main Menu

2010 Solstice ride Sunday June 27th Who's going?

Started by A DRAGON, June 10, 2010, 01:32:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

A DRAGON

Hey guys let's plan our 2010 Solstice ride in 3 weeks who's all in.

I trying to coordinate the SCR crew from Sacramento to meet up with us.

Remember not to disrespect anyone but please only experience riders only. It's a 600 mile trip. If your not use to it you can really loose your concentration late in the day. Something bad might happen. So please be honest with yourself. Don't mean to offend anyone if you take this the wrong way. :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*

Regina will drive the support vehicle and needs a person to help drive. Gator needs his Nip, Nip you know.
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

GreenMachine

600 miles?

Hell yeah, I'm in.  Sounds like a party.

I didn't think I'd make the last one, but I just relaxed and tried to make a point of standing for a couple minutes about every 100 miles.  It turned out to be a piece of cake and not once did I feel tired.  Excited was more like, but then new adventures and twisties always are, aren't they?
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

A DRAGON

Green Machine. From what I know about you. This is right up your alley. Make sure your camera has plenty of battery. You to Big Cat.

I know where we can get some patches made up to commemorate the occasion.  Any Idea's of what it should say?

Mine:  SSA 2010 Solstice Reno to Ft. Bragg in a day. 600+ miles 
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

GreenMachine

1) I survived the SSA Solstice Ride 2010
2) SSA Solstice Ride Veteran 2010
3) Reno - Ft. Bragg - Reno
    SSA Solstice Marathon 2010
4) Iron Butt Club
    SSA Solstice Ride 2010
5) World's Toughest Sportbike Ride
    2010 SSA Summer Solstice Race
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

A DRAGON

I like 1,3 and 5 I just don't like the word race on their. Unless it's the Canonball Run :D :D
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

bkrblood

so is the trip settled on reno to ft. bragg and back? what time does it depart and what time u thinkin we would make it back approximately?
John Bovet

A DRAGON

Leave Reno at 6:30am WE got back the first time at 7pm. Had no problems.

The last time we went I got stopped 3 times because of my pretty Red machine. We made it home at 9:30pm. Sometimes things happen. Just be prepared. It's a long ride. I hope this answers your question.
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

A DRAGON

So's who's going?  I'll keep adding you to this list when you post up:

1. Jerome  (A Dragon)
2. GM  (Green Machine)
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

GreenMachine

Dean and Wills might if we could add a short extension onto Hwy 1 for an out and back.  Hwy 1 is such a nice road to travel on.  It would be a shame not to take in some ocean views/pics.*  Weather forecast is predicting 86,89,84,61 for Reno, Sac, Ukiah, and Fort Bragg respectively.

It sounds like there's a good following over at SCR too.  The camera's ready.  Any chance we can borrow John's GoPro?

* Just me being difficult.

A DRAGON

;D Great Idea on Big Cat's camera. I think he'll be on the ride as well. 

Green Machine. I'm retired I can stay out as long as you like. I just really think we should just come home. We'll be eating by the ocean for lunch. How's that for a view?
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

GreenMachine

But can't you feel hwy 1 alluring you with her sensuous call?  "I'm here waiting for you, Mr. Dragon."   :D

A DRAGON

In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

A DRAGON

THE SSA IS THE COOLEST CLUB.  We had 8 people in our group this Morning. We left with all good intentions. Trinie eating an Egg McMuffin :-\   Jason's first Iron Butt.  I must say everything went well.   Hwy 175 was well worth the Heat and Sweat. So many turns so little room. 175 has got to be one of the best roads we have ever traveled on as a club. Big Cat your GPS Rocks. I need to get mine working like that. Big Help. That  Kawasaki Concourse Is a beautiful scapulae.  ;D I almost ran out of Gas. But Big Cat was ready to give my little SV  a shove if I needed it.  We got to Ft. Bragg at 1:30. Had a beautiful place on the deck. Good people , Motorcycles. All we needed was more time.  You all would have been proud.

GM, Big Cat, Don and Robert went on up Hwy 1 for more swerves. Trinie, Dean, Jason and MY Self Went back the way we comith. Radar was working for everyone so no one in  our crew got any invitations to the CHP Party.  ;D ;D ;D Sweet. Believe me thought I wasn't because of lack of Trying. They were everywhere.

WE stopped at Nyack on I-80 and picked up another lone wolf (Jose) With his Lady Bless. Jose has been riding for a few months and owns a ZX9 just like John Parasina's  (GM is going to be so Happy ;D ;D ;D ;D. Apparently Jose has never heard of the SSA. I took care of that little problem. Hopefully we'll see him on Tuesday.

I drove into my Garage at 9:30 :o  I'll post pic's tomorrow. Right now I'm a little tired ;) ;) ;)
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

GreenMachine

I ended up riding through a downpour Sunday evening.  Echh!

And the other pics taken Sunday (few b/c we were RIDING.  17.5 hours door-to-door).  Sorry no pic of you BigCat.  You were behind my fat head!  Some showed mad skills; one in particular on a Connie 14.  I've never had to work so hard to keep up with a modern crotch rocket.  ;)

It sounds like everyone made it home in one piece...hard to believe with how the day quickly devolved from a ride to something else.  Congrats to Jason and Trinie, perhaps Rob, Dan, Dean too on their first SSA iron butt road trip to Fort Bragg!  I must say too that I was very impressed at how easily everyone handled the miles.   However, I have one confession.  There is a direct relationship between how achy & cranky I was becoming the closer I got to home, to the point it was almost unbearable by the time I pulled into my garage.

I'm game for doing it again, this time as an over-nighter.   I'm already looking forward to exploring up there some more.

WHAT A DAY!

sparkygixxer

OMG
That is great!  There should be an after picture too, to advertise your cleaner and elbow grease.   ;) ;) ;)

BTW: Bicycle riding is not gonna be happening for awhile. hahahaha   But I'm ready to go again!!! ;D