Main Menu

Arlen Ness Leathers?

Started by JetdocX, February 06, 2010, 09:48:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JetdocX

Can anyone attest to the quality of these.  Last years leather suits on sale for half price at his chopper shop in Livermore.  It's just really incongruous to wander around in a chopper shop selling half bowl helmets, chaps and other pretend protecive gear only to find a corner full of what seems to be real leather race gear.

Anyone?  Full suits for $500.  Retail is $999.

I even tried one on.  None of the sales guys even talked to me afterwards... :)

Oneup

They are decent leathers.  I know a couple of people that wear them and like them.  Also the current AFM number 1 plate holder uses them.
02 KX250, 04 GSXR1000, 07 CBR600rr

RedLeader

Quote from: JetdocX on February 06, 2010, 09:48:49 PM
I even tried one on.  None of the sales guys even talked to me afterwards... :)

Ha ha ha, love it.

the 2008 perf? http://www.arlenness.com/c-1304-leather-suits.aspx
Ive heard good stuff.
"Why are motorcycle dealers closed on Sundays? Because Sunday is for worship... Catholics go to church, Motorcyclists go to the track." -Justin Skalka

whiskytango

I bought the Magniesium black and white (paid alittle more for the black and white cause the deep freeze blue was to crazy for me.)for that deal your talking about in November.  I was able to ride in it on one ride in the bay area before winter.
     American company. (Made in China, like every suit on the market)
     Sponcer Troy Bayliss..
     look on Superbike planet   http://www.superbikeplanet.com/image/2009/us-superbike/virginia/vir1/1.htm
I don't know if you saw that crash on TV but in that pic he is wearing the Magniesum suit and it was a bad crash (he broke his hand only.)
      I measure a 42 tried them on in their store in CA. and ended up with a 40 not so good for standing around in (race cut) but on the bike you don't even notice them.
     All I know is at that price ( better then Dainese Laguna, Astars SP1 or charger, even on sale) for the suit you get as far as features and fit I am impressed and stoked.
     The thing I didn't think of at first which I notice right when I held it is that its easily 10 pounds lighter than my AXO two piece.
      While talking to the staff there they said there is a guy that runs all their product over seas and he used to race FIM British road racing and did all the R&D and really persued that side of the business to make what he felt would be a worthy race ready suit.  Their leathers are super popular and widely used over in Europe.
      The only other thing I would say is cycle gear on Madison in Sac. will do 15% off a single purchase if you have a MSF card.  Or refer to Gangplanks thred
http://www.sierrasportbike.com/smf/index.php?topic=1752.0
That seemed really cool good deals and I was gonna do somthing with Lithium until I went to Livermore and Arlen Ness.......   

SSSoooo you have to get the bright blue one (Deep Freeze)cause mine is dope and unique  :P just kidding hope that helped
CHAINDRIVEN

JetdocX

Thanks.  There are two there identical color schemes white with light (faggy) blue size 58 probly why they have not sold.  But it is accented with gold, so the Shiver frame would match.  It looks and feels like a great suit and for $499, I'm having a hard time keeping my wallet in my pants.  There a re a few other suits, mostly size 54 in other color schemes, so let me know if I can pick one up for one of you guys as I'm close to Livermore.

Mike

They had a booth at the AMA Infineon races last year great prices on clearance suits. I had them down to 400. on an 800.$$ suit.

Track It!.

Member of the SSA since 1996