Main Menu

2010 AMA Proracing Schedule

Started by A DRAGON, January 02, 2010, 09:30:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

A DRAGON

This is the schedule I pulled off the web:

2010 Confirmed Events

March 3 - 5

Daytona International Speedway (Daytona Beach, Florida)

March 26 - 28

Auto Club Speedway (Fontana, California)

April 16 - 18

Road Atlanta (Braselton, Georgia)

May 14 - 16

Infineon Raceway (Sonoma, California)

June 4 - 6

Road America (Elkhart Lake, Wisconsin)

July 16 - 18

Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course (Lexington, Ohio)

August 13 - 15

Virginia International Raceway (Alton, Virginia)

September 3 - 5

New Jersey Motorsports Park (Millville, New Jersey)

September 24 - 26

Barber Motorsports Park (Birmingham, Alabama

Where's MotoGP? Aren't they running together this year?
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

Oneup

AMA is horrible.  No Miller, no Laguna.  They can't afford to run with everyone else.  They cut the schedule so thin it is like club racing.
02 KX250, 04 GSXR1000, 07 CBR600rr

Rick Bay (BRA)

I think Laguna and Miller charges to much for the events. Is AMA short on money too???

Justin

Quote from: Oneup on January 02, 2010, 10:03:50 AM
AMA is horrible. 

Even though i don't know much about racing, I agree wholeheartedly.

jlavallee

Since DMG took over AMA has been a farce and I refuse to go to any DMG run event in the hopes that those NASCAR idiots will bail and we'll emerge with a real series again.

We lost Roger Hayden to WSBK now too... Good for him! http://www.superbikeplanet.com/2010/Jan/100102b.htm

AFM937

Jason, I also hear that the retired Mat Mladin is thinking about WSBK for 2010. I guess Suzuki has made him an amazing deal. I hope he does it. And Hell Yeah for RLH.
SLAYING A DRAGON

just kidding peeps

n10sive

you guys are making me jones for watching some good racing! Can't wait for the new season of WSBK and MotoGP.
BMW R1200RT, 03 636 Track Bike

Achilles775

"You will never do anything in this world without courage. It is the greatest quality of the mind next to honor."
-Aristotle

independent

Quote from: Rick Tahoe on January 02, 2010, 10:31:52 AM
I think Laguna and Miller charges to much for the events. Is AMA short on money too???

AMA/DMG charges the track $200-250K to bring their show, it's up to the promoter to decide if the AMA show is worth the money. The promoter has to sell enough tickets to cover costs plus make some profit...

That's why Miller is now putting on their own support races at the SBK event. They figure that they can put on a good show for a lot less money.
(Prize money will be better for the racers, too, after AMA's big purse-money reduction for 2010!)

Rumors are circulating that AMA will be at Laguna as support races for Moto GP, no doubt the track is trying to get AMA to reduce the price.

zipbyu

Quote from: n10sive on January 02, 2010, 08:58:34 PM
you guys are making me jones for watching some good racing! Can't wait for the new season of WSBK and MotoGP.

Me too, I can't wait.  I use to love ama racing, now it is a farce.  I think there is only a few racers at 1 or 2 tracks now that can be worth while to watch.  I tune in the big time now, if it gets any speed coverage.

ops.. -1 (Roger)

Rick Bay (BRA)