Main Menu

New helmet technology

Started by Tahoebrian5, November 06, 2014, 07:02:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tahoebrian5

"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy." —Tom Waits

According to the latest survey, 3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the population.

Sub-Sonic

I'm sure a lot of folks had this idea, but it's good to see it implemented.  There's still time for somebody to jump in with a 'portable unit' that can attach to any helmet brand.
You want to design one TB?  Could use Solidworks or other 3D modeling software.  I'm sure the components are already available from an overseas manufacturer: a simple HD camera, attached to the rear of any helmet, drill a small hole through the attachment location (or wrap around the helmet base to maintain structural integrity), run a wire between the helmet padding and attach to a HUD and boom portable unit.
oh, and dibs on the patent rights  ;D

RichVee4

The helmet design seems to have some real interest.  Skully website offered preordering a couple months ago and when I looked they had over $2M in preorders, way beyond their target.
Live long and prosper \V/

RichVee4

A similar device you could add to an existing helmet is a good idea.   Wouldn't need all the cell/navigation functions.   

On a somewhat similar note did you hear about Michael Schumacher accident last year?  He had an accident while skiing and was in a coma for approx six months, thankfully out of the coma now but still has a long recovery ahead.  There is some speculation I've read that the gopro mounted on his helmet contributed to the head injury.

Live long and prosper \V/

RocketRider

Good to see another distraction for riders being developed
PIN IT TO WIN IT!

Please support my race team Rocket Pace Racing!https://www.facebook.com/RocketPaceRacing
We're accepting everything from Sponsors, to Facebook likes, to simple pats on the back :)

Thank you Apex-Speed and EBC Brakes for supporting our efforts to go faster!

dub

Quote from: RichVee4 on November 06, 2014, 12:55:21 PMOn a somewhat similar note did you hear about Michael Schumacher accident last year?  He had an accident while skiing and was in a coma for approx six months, thankfully out of the coma now but still has a long recovery ahead.  There is some speculation I've read that the gopro mounted on his helmet contributed to the head injury.

That claim was made by an F1 commentator/journalist on a French talk radio show. He later clarified that it was just his opinion and was based on no fact. Directly following that rumor GoPro stock fell 20%. They are now considering legal action against him.
Thanks to Sidi|Motion Pro|Vortex|Carters|Shoei for the support in 2019