Main Menu

Adam Conway - SX Lites

Started by MotoPutz, January 10, 2010, 10:40:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MotoPutz

any else notice that Adam Conway was not on the SX Lites on Sunday?

zipbyu

I didn't see him either.  Well, he didn't show or was not fast enough even to qualify for the heat races.  Sucks. :P

MotoPutz

Gillen on RDR said he was like 15 secs off pace to qualify...

zipbyu

That sucks. :P  So 15 seconds is alot.  I bet we could of been within that. :D

Yard Sale

It would take me 15 seconds just to roll over a triple jump.

Is he a local or sumpin'?

MotoPutz

yeah, 18 yr old from Carson City

zipbyu

I mean with all respect, on a track the leaders were going 55-59sec. a laps the the others were around 1:00 to 1:15, and if he was 15 sec. out of that. OUCH.  Even the slow guys in the ama are the best of the best.

edmunsan

Yea but hes getting closer and closer. It takes tremendous talent to make the big time and if you had ever seen him ride, you would agree he has what it takes. And Adam is a humble good young man. He had spent countless hours with us volunteers at Nevada Motocross Park. His commitment to the sport extends to others that also love to ride. So Go Adam Go!
MOTOISM my desease from wich there is no cure.

edmunsan

Adam almost made the main 2nd heat race

MotoPutz

Moto Source

Adam did really well just to qualify for the night program.  All of us here in Northern Nevada should be very proud of him and Nate Tierney for putting in the effort.
I'm hoping that they will both make the mains this weekend in San Diego!
Having raced AMA Nationals years ago in road racing, it's a lot easier qualify at a road race than it is at a supercross.

edmunsan

Quote from: Putz on February 01, 2010, 10:18:43 PM
how do you know this

I watched it on the tv machine! He placed 14th 2nd heat race and there was a crash or bobble 2 riders got passed from the front 10 riders last lap.

conway952

Well to start off, thank you all for the support it means alot! I did not know of this website and a buddy told me there was a thread on here so i decided to check it out.

Well it has been a tough start off of the season. I dove into the pro career head first fresh out of the amateur nationals, and let me tell ya, it's a whole different world! I have never been much of a 250 rider, but you cannot just jump straight into the 450 class so i had to ride lites. I am 6'2'' and weigh about 185LBS. so im way to big considering the kids i have been riding with are 5'8'' and weigh 135lbs. I had some ups and downs but gained the experience i wanted and have learned a lot!

Now to clear a few things up, i have never missed qualifying by anything more than 2 seconds, which is maybe 6 seconds off of the leaders pace. At anaheim 1 i was nervous ( who wouldn't be right?) rode tight and missed qualifying by 2 seconds. I was bummed and disapointed. From then on if i did not qualify, i was no more than a half a second off pace.. im not really too sure where the 15 seconds came from but no excuses, i still did not make it in.

I qualified to be able to ride the 450 class, so for the last two west coast rounds im going to be riding a 450! I have done a bit of testing the past couple weeks and am loving the bike, and finally feel comfortable again with a bike i fit on! I feel 100% more confident going into the next couple rounds, and feel i will be able to truly show what i can do on a supercross track.. Thank you guys for the support, hopefully we will show them what nevada is made of!

Thank you
-Adam Conway #952

zipbyu

15 seconds can from a guess based on the time of the leaders getting to lap traffic.

Thanks for posting, cant wait to support local talent.

MotoPutz

Thank you very much for commenting Adam! I am glad to hear you are getting on the bike you like and feeling more comfortable. I look forward to seeing you out there, I was hoping to seeing alot of you out there. Not sure where the 15 sec came from, just something else that I saw on another forum that is now dead.

Keep updated if you can.