Main Menu
  • Welcome to SSA Sierra Sportbike Association | Reno Nevada Motorcycle Trackday Weekend Riding Club.

New member from SoCal

Started by BC-2, January 15, 2014, 08:33:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BC-2

Hello everyone. I'm currently living in Southern California but my wife and I will likely be moving to Carson City in May.  I currently ride a Honda CBR1000 on the street and a GSX-R 1000 on the track. I found this site while searching online for sportbike related activity around my soon to be location. Hope to meet you guys and explore the local roads and do some track days at Thunder Hill soon.  :)

GreenMachine

Very cool you found us BC-2.  Do you have any pictures or videos of your bikes that we could admire?
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

288RR

Welcome,  hope to see you out on some rides

dub

Welcome! Another member of SSA South, wahoo! I'm up in South Lake Tahoe.

As you can see from browsing around, the forum is dead in the winter months. But be sure and check back in when you arrive in May and people will be out of hibernation. Have you ridden Thunderhill before? It's a great track.
Thanks to Sidi|Motion Pro|Vortex|Carters|Shoei for the support in 2019

BC-2

Thanks for the welcome. I did notice that activity on this forum is light due to winter. In SoCal, the forums are always active because it's riding season is all year.  I guess I'd better get used to putting the bikes way during the winter.  :'(

Here's a picture of my CBR.

BC-2

Pic of my track bike

dub

Those are some fine looking machines.

Quote from: BC-2 on January 16, 2014, 07:28:01 PMI guess I'd better get used to putting the STREET bikes way during the winter.  :'(

Fixed it. The dirt biking in the northern Nevada desert is fantastic in the winter months.

Thanks to Sidi|Motion Pro|Vortex|Carters|Shoei for the support in 2019

BC-2

Quote from: dub on January 17, 2014, 12:54:53 PM
Those are some fine looking machines.

Quote from: BC-2 on January 16, 2014, 07:28:01 PMI guess I'd better get used to putting the STREET bikes way during the winter.  :'(

Fixed it. The dirt biking in the northern Nevada desert is fantastic in the winter months.

I used to have a dirt bike but I recently sold it.  I might need another one when I make the move to Carson City but if I did, I'd probably get some type of Dual Sport.

BC-2

4 weeks until I'm officially a Northern Nevadan.   :D

GreenMachine

Great pics!  Very impressive machinery and riding too!
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.