Main Menu

Books for the 'off season'

Started by reno240sx, October 15, 2008, 05:30:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

reno240sx

I was wondering if anyone had suggestions for books to read during the off season. I really would like to learn more about suspension and racing/track riding techniques. Does anyone have any reccomendations for books that helped them in the past?

weavefish

Sport Riding Techniques: How To Develop Real World Skills for Speed, Safety, and Confidence on the Street and Track
is a good starter

http://www.amazon.com/Sport-Riding-Techniques-Develop-Confidence/dp/1893618072/ref=tag_tdp_sv_edpp_i
It's not that I'm afraid to die, I just don't want to be there when it happens. - Woody Allen

Justin

Those books that Ron donated for Tuesday's all looked good.  I wish I won one of those.
Keith Code's books are very often referred to in my circles (Twist of the Wrist 1&2)

Peter, if you are not faster than me, yet, I am going to recommend that you lay off the motorcycle skills reading material. (I'd like to stretch out my #1 spot for another week or two)

I don't think I have seen anyone pick up skills, speed, and technique as fast reno240sx. 

trent

Quote from: weavefish on October 15, 2008, 05:58:49 PM
Sport Riding Techniques: How To Develop Real World Skills for Speed, Safety, and Confidence on the Street and Track
is a good starter

http://www.amazon.com/Sport-Riding-Techniques-Develop-Confidence/dp/1893618072/ref=tag_tdp_sv_edpp_i

I just bought this book and Im about 2 chapters into it seems pretty interesting so far...
There is absolutely no good excuse for what Im about to do !

POSER 511

is a good starter

THIS IS A VERRY GOOD BOOK I GOT A LOT OF GOOD INFO OUT OF IT NOT JUST FOR THE TRACK BUT FOR THE STREET
I WOULD RATE THIS BOOK AN  A+

n10sive

Quote from: Justino on October 15, 2008, 06:56:46 PM
I don't think I have seen anyone pick up skills, speed, and technique as fast reno240sx. 

I'll agree to that! Man...every trackday this kid is picking up major time on his laps! One unfortunate mishap and now he's back on track to be in A group real quick!
BMW R1200RT, 03 636 Track Bike

reno240sx

Quote from: Justino on October 15, 2008, 06:56:46 PM
Those books that Ron donated for Tuesday's all looked good.  I wish I won one of those.
Keith Code's books are very often referred to in my circles (Twist of the Wrist 1&2)

Peter, if you are not faster than me, yet, I am going to recommend that you lay off the motorcycle skills reading material. (I'd like to stretch out my #1 spot for another week or two)

Thanks Justin. I still can't thank you enough for helping me out that first day. I've heard good things about Twist of the Wrist, it is definately on my list.

Quote from: n10sive on October 15, 2008, 09:43:44 PM

I'll agree to that! Man...every trackday this kid is picking up major time on his laps! One unfortunate mishap and now he's back on track to be in A group real quick!

Thanks Dale. I saw Dandelion's pictures from last weekend. It looks like she is going to be giving us a run for our money soon!

is a good starter

I'm adding that to my list of books to buy.

A DRAGON

I have some of those books you speak of. You can borrow anyone you'd like. I'll have them on Sunday at the SSA meeting on the 26th.
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

reno240sx

Quote from: A DRAGON on October 18, 2008, 08:58:59 PM
I have some of those books you speak of. You can borrow anyone you'd like. I'll have them on Sunday at the SSA meeting on the 26th.

Thanks Jerome. I am scheduled to work until three on the 26th, but hopefully I can get out early and be at the meeting around 2.

weavefish

Quote from: reno240sx on October 19, 2008, 05:30:50 PM
Quote from: A DRAGON on October 18, 2008, 08:58:59 PM

Thanks Jerome. I am scheduled to work until three on the 26th, but hopefully I can get out early and be at the meeting around 2.
Do we need to have Alberto send his cousin to your work?
It's not that I'm afraid to die, I just don't want to be there when it happens. - Woody Allen

A DRAGON

I think he's tililng that day too
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750