Main Menu

Fall & Winter picture posting - add yours here

Started by GreenMachine, October 22, 2015, 08:49:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vegasrider

Quote from: RichVee4 on November 12, 2015, 06:51:21 PM
That is one frosted bike, wouldnt want to sit on that seat!  Shopping for a car yet?

Actually I did the most prudent thing, bought a new bike!

slmoto

Took a little side excursion today and snapped a couple winter pics... Definitely starting to feel like winter out there.

dub

When did you get that KLR? Did I miss the thread about it?
Thanks to Sidi|Motion Pro|Vortex|Carters|Shoei for the support in 2019

slmoto

Just picked it up this weekend, didn't post anything about it. Nothing too special, it's no new Ducati, pretty much the total opposite in every category but for some reason it's still a blast to run around town on. So much easier to navigate in town than the GSXR, with the added benefit of being able to jump curbs and hit dirt roads...

Traded my dirt bike for it, been wanting to get one for a while to do some riding/camping trips... And was planning on getting rid of my dirt bike anyway to get a 2-stroke, so that'll be next.

dub

Sweet. Got KLR, got rid of crappy dirt bike, better dirt bike coming? It's a win-win-win.
Thanks to Sidi|Motion Pro|Vortex|Carters|Shoei for the support in 2019

slmoto

Quote from: dub on November 15, 2015, 04:29:12 PM
got rid of crappy dirt bike

That was the main idea behind it.
Luckily found someone familiar with and didn't mind the starting hassle of the YZ426. He actually started it first kick when he came to look at it, I was surprised.

Had my eye on a couple KTM 300's all 07 or older but I may hold off for an 08+ with that magic little button. Although coming off the YZ426 kick starting anything else would probably be a walk in the park.

Vegasrider

I can't catch a break on this weather, snowing again!

slmoto

Quote from: Vegasrider on November 15, 2015, 05:10:35 PM
I can't catch a break on this weather, snowing again!

Don't forget the cover this time. That frozen FZ didn't look pleasant to have to sit on.

Vegasrider

It's in the garage, but now I won't be able to get it out, as it's pretty much an ice rink and it probably won't melt off for about 2-3 days, as my side never gets any sunshine.

RichVee4

Wait so the YZ is gone and you picked up a KLR already??   Totally missed your post, Monica mentioned it on our walk tonight.  While congrats on the new bike, let the adventures begin.  With the KLR you will be more my pace so lets plan a ride this weekend.    GM's got to be healed up by now and maybe he can join us.
Live long and prosper \V/

slmoto

Quote from: RichVee4 on November 16, 2015, 06:43:39 PM
Wait so the YZ is gone and you picked up a KLR already??   Totally missed your post, Monica mentioned it on our walk tonight.  While congrats on the new bike, let the adventures begin.  With the KLR you will be more my pace so lets plan a ride this weekend.    GM's got to be healed up by now.

Yeah, did a bit of a trade so one out and the other in all in one fell swoop.

A ride this weekend sounds good. This thing will definitely slow me down. It's actually doesn't feel as heavy as I was expecting but it is pathetically slow and under powered.

Weather looks good all weekend, I'd be good either day whatever works better for you.

Maybe we should start a separate post in the dirt section or just hit up GM directly.

GreenMachine

Congrats SL.   :o  Somehow missed that upper section of this thread myself.  Feel blindsided by the news, but whatever makes you happy.  Maybe now I can keep up.  Not anytime soon though for dirt.  I'm still thinking it'll be several more months before I even attempt that stuff.  Baby steps.  Street.  Get back into feeling strong, then dirt.

I'll miss riding with you guys.  Always good times. 

It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

Vegasrider

The snow was piling up on my shield  so bad I couldn't see out of my helmet.  My shield ended up looking just like my windscreen. 

GreenMachine

It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

GreenMachine

What happened to your pics VR?  I was going to use some of them for the SSA header.

Looking for more from everyone.  Theme is pictures of the moment, so wintery.  Any recent pics from T-hill or from the track?  I have five already, but if I have more I can do more with them.

:picspics