Main Menu

Caution: Winter Weather in Southern Sierra This Weekend

Started by dub, September 26, 2014, 08:48:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dub

If you were planning on riding any of the Southern passes this weekend, watch the weather.

From NWS Reno:

snow fall totals above 8000 feet between Tioga pass and Ebbetts Pass could reach up to 6 inches. Rainfall in the valleys could reach 0.50 inches through the weekend, with higher amounts possible if a band of rain stalls over any one area.

Travel impacts are possible for Highways 4, 88, 89, 108, 120 and 203 in Alpine and Mono Counties. Those planning outdoor activities in the higher elevations of the Sierra this weekend, should prepare for cold temperatures and winter like conditions.
Thanks to Sidi|Motion Pro|Vortex|Carters|Shoei for the support in 2019

288RR

slmoto

Thanks for the update, glad we got that ride in last weekend!

GreenMachine

Rich and Monica will be done with their travels after this weekend, so the endless summer should return.

I'm banking on it.
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

GreenMachine

Extended forecast shows return of sunny and above normal lows and highs.  :banana2
  :GrnWheelie 
So glad I didn't decide to wash my truck last weekend.  I have to go over Donner tonight.
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.