Main Menu

Let's See More Activity on Here

Started by Mel, August 27, 2014, 07:14:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RichVee4

Quote from: RenoRider75 on August 29, 2014, 01:47:43 PM

As anyone who has kids knows:  The time commitment everyone tells you about before the first one is born is a lie.  The actual time they consume is far greater than advertised.   :P

Enjoy this time with your kids while they are young, make memories now.  Time goes SO fast they will be 18 before you know it and then you can play all you want.  
Live long and prosper \V/

RichVee4

Is anyone going to talk about riding this weekend???   

NevadaWolf

I'd post more cept..

I do my riding on saturday so can almost never make the group rides.
Sounds like the riding I like to do and the riding you all like to do don't quite mesh (not a complaint at all, simply an observation)
I am pretty sure there are only so many ways of reporting "I rode really really far" before I would bore the crap out of you guys.

So I lurk and pipe up when something comes up that I can contribute to. Like luggage. ;)

And regarding this weekend, totally taking advantage of the long weekend to, as above, ride really really far. Been glued to NOAA's new proposed Forecast Graphic map all day. Loving the change to be able to scroll around and easily change the types of maps available.

RichVee4

Totally understandable, everyone has their favorite destinations and pace.  Not so easy to find two people that agree.  I prefer Saturday early morning rides also, find traffic less.

Ideally we would have a menu of ride choices (realize there are not enough people to do this but hey why not shoot for the stars)
-Short rides, 1-3 hrs Coffee run, up Mt Rose and back, Geiger
-Lunch rides  4-6 hr,  My favorite, many great options
-Long rides   6-10 hrs  most group rides fall into this category
-Overnight rides - 2 day trips  (nothing like discovering some new country and roads)

Edit  (Should add a category for NVwolf)
- Really Really long rides - Cross Country  :)

Mel

Dub, I had to go back up and see what I said :)! Actually, I just said it would be nice if more people posted up...no demands ;)!

Mel

dub

I always think there is more traffic on Saturday than Sunday.
Thanks to Sidi|Motion Pro|Vortex|Carters|Shoei for the support in 2019

GreenMachine

Quote from: RichVee4 on August 29, 2014, 02:31:56 PM
Is anyone going to talk about riding this weekend???   
I forgot this weekend was the Labor Day holiday.  Not sure what my plans are now.  Still debating. 

Do you want me to post the scheduled ride and that I may not lead it?
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

RichVee4

Its your call, may help get the ball rolling.  Greg needs to scrub in a new tire before we leave Sunday so was thinking a Geiger run Sat morning.

GreenMachine

Sounds fun.  Since it's a Saturday ride and you'd know the particulars of time and place, it may be a good opportunity to add a Calendar Event.  Give it a try. 

On the Calendar page's bottom, select Post Event, enter a brief title, select 30th for the August day, and POST.  That will automatically start a thread in the General Section where you can create your normally titled Roll Call thread.
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.