Main Menu

Let's See More Activity on Here

Started by Mel, August 27, 2014, 07:14:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mel

Hey guys,

It would be nice to see more of you posting here and contributing to motorcycle discussions. Hell, it doesn't have to be technical or anything like that. You could just post up about how you're needing some new tires and which ones you are thinking about, about washing or detailing your bike and you found something broken or missing on your bike, about riding gear you are contemplating on buying (helmet, gloves, jackets, etc.), about what next bike you may buy, and tons of other motorcycle related things!

OK, I'll start it off :)! I need to get down to Home Depot or some other hardware store to get some metal stock to try and fabricate some type of license plate mount to replace the one that broke on me on the last ride.

Next... :help!

Mel

NevadaWolf

K....

Gear: Thinking of picking up some Klim gear before winter hits since my existing gear is too blasted cold and its water resistance is more like a sponge. Grrr

Tires: About ready to kill off my second Bridgestone rear tire and since the Michelin Pilot Streets aren't in stock yet, going to stick with my Bridgestone BT-45s since I've gotten about 10k miles out of them.

Rides: going on a big ride this weekend in hopes of finally doing it. Next month meeting up with a few other Ninja riders to tackle the Little Dragon down by Coulterville. Then just bebop around the area until snow or ice rob me of traction on the road. Maybe I should get knobbies for my little bike?

Upgrades: beyond wanting a new seat, also looking at adding some off-road LEDs to mount on my front wheel. Need something to punch through the darkness in the middle of the desert. I got brighter halogen bulbs but I still find myself trying to turn on the high beams when they are already on.

Next?

flamecrow

New helmet for my head. My head is very oddly shaped and I found the only one that comes close to fitting snuggly is the Arai Defiant.

After Thunderhill Track, I want to get woodcraft clipons for my handlebars, shorty levers, and preload adjusters for my next mod. Still want a slipon exhaust in the future but not in a rush

Mel

Excellent NevadaWolf and flamecrow 8)! Thanks for posting up and getting the thread moving!

Next... ;)!

288RR

This winter I want to get me springs for my bike to set it up better for my weight.

Mel

Cool Daniel! Maybe somebody has been reading my suspension posts :)! You will notice the difference!

Mel

288RR

I hope so. I think I'm also going to get some updated calving for the front end aswell

Mel

Daniel, here's where you want to go:

http://www.racetech.com/

I'm running Race Tech fork springs and Gold Valve Emulators in my front forks.

Mel

288RR

That was the company I was looking at. 

dub

Quote from: NevadaWolf on August 27, 2014, 07:49:33 PMGear: Thinking of picking up some Klim gear before winter hits since my existing gear is too blasted cold and its water resistance is more like a sponge. Grrr

I've been thinking about getting some Klim gear too. That Badlands Pro suit looks pretty BadAss Pro to me.
Thanks to Sidi|Motion Pro|Vortex|Carters|Shoei for the support in 2019

Mel

I've heard nothing but great stuff on the Klim gear. I can't justify spending that kink of money for jacket and pants, but that's just because I don't do long distance, all types of weather riding. If I did, I wouldn't have any problem paying for state of the art gear like this ;)! Quality does not come cheap, and I have experience to back this up. I designed, tested, and sold made in the USA military backpacks for the last 12 1/2 years that are the most expensive backpacks made. We had no problem staying backordered on a continuous basis because of a customer base that demanded the best 8)!

Mel

NevadaWolf

The Badlands Pro line is sick, though the Adventure Rally stuff is hardcore. The jacket has an internal harness to help support the jacket while wearing it. But yeah, their stuff is crazy over board for local rides or moderate weather riding. I've gone this long happy with my cheap Tourmaster stuff.

The only reason I decided to start looking was I do love the convenience of being able to ride right into and out of anything that Ma Nature throws without having to stop and add or remove layers. Now that I have my cooling system working, need to work on the heating system which includes staying dry. I was *drenched* when I rode back east and it took days for my gear to dry out. Not doing that again. Nope nope.

Honestly I like the Latitude stuff, still has the same level of waterproofness, less pockets while still having some, and is in line with the Aerostich pricing. Though I might look into upgrading the to d3o armor.

dub

RenoRider75

I want to go down to the local Universe and buy more time.  Perhaps make every day for the next couple of years 27 hours instead of 24?  Then I can spend those extra 3 hours riding every day.   ;D

As anyone who has kids knows:  The time commitment everyone tells you about before the first one is born is a lie.  The actual time they consume is far greater than advertised.   :P

dub

Yeah, kids really cut into your leisure time.

Regarding the original post: Mel, I don't think you can just demand people be more active on the forum. If they wanted to be more active, then they already would be.