Main Menu

Ride Sat 8/23 to Grass Valley via 49 for lunch

Started by RichVee4, August 20, 2014, 08:05:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RichVee4

Great ride today!!  Started with 6 (Tim found us just as we were about to leave)  Maybe we should call it the West *bucks.    Anyway, Laura, Jimbo and GM joined us as well.   Enjoyed a nice cool ride into Sierraville.  Quick stop then up and over 49.  They cleaned out the drainage again along 49 so there is fine dirt on the road in places.  Temps were about perfect dropping down into Grass Valley.

It seems everyone enjoyed lunch at Bubbas Bagels.   GM headed off for more passes and Tim on to Sacto.  The remaining four took 20 to I80.  We took some detours on the old hwy40 and stopped at the Donner Lake overview.  Fun spot to take in the sights.  Riding along Donner Lake we had multiple people wave at us  :howdy :howdy  Guess everyone was having a good time.  :cheers

All in all a great time and enjoyed the company!!
Live long and prosper \V/

RichVee4

A few pics.   Isn't that the handicap parking spot???

RichVee4

Mel

Cool pics, and it looks like you guys had a great time! I'll see you all tomorrow :)!

Mel

RichVee4

Thanks Mel.  Sunday is hike with the dog then BBQ.   Foothills were perfect today, you guys will have a blast.

nvgixxer

It was great riding with you guys and gals today. Weather perfect day it was!! Yikes, women are taking over the sports bike rides! I love it, Monica and Laura were both looking good out there and they'll only get better as time in the saddle continues! I even think GM enjoyed himself today, although he showed up looking kinda tired and I think by the looks of him, he must have lost his razor!!  ;D J/K GM, smile for us, we love ya man!!
The little boss just hollered "chow time", so pics will follow shortly!
Ha, Tim saw my shirt that said "70" on it and acted shocked to find that I am truly an ancient old fart! But hey Timmy, 70 is the new 50, ain't it?? Oh well, such is life, this kid ain't ready to start drooling in his jello just yet!!  ;D  
2015 Suzuki Hayabusa (sold)
2012 Kawasaki ZX14R (sold)
2009 Suzuki Hayabusa (sold)
2007 Suzuki GSXR1000 (totaled)
2005 Suzuki Hayabusa (sold)
2003 Suzuki GSXR1000 (sold)

RichVee4

If I have half the energy you have at 70 I will be a happy camper.   Monica and I had an 80 yr old school us on Mt Rose last summer so the best is yet to come. 

Laura600

Thank you guys, I had fun today. Thanks for your patience!  ;)

GreenMachine

:disco 

Guess who??   8)

There must be a gasoline shortage, because there wasn't anyone out where I went.  Kinda cool and scary at the same time.  La Porte proper is in great condition.  What do I think?  I think I about scraped elbow today, then had to stop myself because the leather uppers I had on didn't have plastic elbow sliders.  Soon though.  Soon.  :D

Had a great lunch and ride with you guys.  I like this whole bit where it's not my ride and not my pace.  I get to hang back, chill and discover new places.

And true to form, Jim, I did close my eyes a couple times coming back on hwy 70.  It just felt so peaceful and dreamy resting on the bike while it took me home.  Riding this bike is a privilege.

Glad everyone had a good time and we got to our destination and back safely.  I'll post pics when I can.  Something over four hundred and forty miles today.  Tomorrow should be a piece of cake.  :|)
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

Mel

Just think how much more peaceful you would have felt if you had a tank bag to lay on :)!

Mel

GreenMachine

Wha?  I don't like wind noise.
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

nvgixxer

Better late than never, here are a few pics of us Saturday in Sierraville and also on the old hwy 40 bridge vista point overlooking Donner Lake.
GM and Mel, have a great ride, family hiking day for this old ex-airborne trooper.  :)

nvgixxer

GreenMachine

This is getting really nice.  I don't even have to bring my camera anymore.

Great photos everyone!

nvgixxer

Quote from: GreenMachine on August 24, 2014, 07:09:15 AM
This is getting really nice.  I don't even have to bring my camera anymore.

Great photos everyone!
Yeah, this is really nice and all that GM, BUT you did bring a camera so where are the still shots of us you took from your rear mounted GoPro? Come on bro, don't go to sleep on us, post up!!  ;D