Main Menu

Sunday Laps

Started by wills, July 26, 2014, 08:28:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wills

Looking to beat the heat so I am heading up and down Laporte and then up and down Bucks Lake. I will be leaving about 9:00, post or PM if you want to go.
Stop Global Whining!
2015 1200RS
2018 H2 SE
Old Sprint Back East

Bigcat

Hey Wills, the rear on the battlecruiser is too far gone for this so I think I'll bring the old girl out to play. Starbucks? 8:45?

GreenMachine

I want to go, but I better not.  Someone get a picture.  We need a Wills update.
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

wills

I will be at Starbucks Sunday at about 9:00, need to fill up at the Chevron first after the Sunday breakfast. See you there.
Stop Global Whining!
2015 1200RS
2018 H2 SE
Old Sprint Back East

Bigcat

GreenMachine

It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

wills

Having fun, down Bucks Lake we go ;D
Stop Global Whining!
2015 1200RS
2018 H2 SE
Old Sprint Back East

GreenMachine

Someday I'll have to teach you how to post pictures.   :P  You have the tblogging portion down.

Bigcat

What a great ride. We practically had LaPorte and Bucks Lake all to ourselves. Temps were mild too  ;D Thanks for posting up Wills.

GreenMachine

I thought the same thing on Saturday, especially coming back on the section from the volcanic mountains to Red Bluff.  At least for that stretch of road, I imagine people were just hunkered down inside next to their AC vents.  Sissies!  We were outside in gear exposed to direct sunlight and it wasn't slowing our activities down one bit.  Red Bluff showed 104° on one of those outside LCD readouts.

BC, how was the 10 MPH hairpin going in on La Porte?  I should have re-mentioned that before your ride.  Hope you guys didn't have any scares going in or coming out.  Hard to imagine for the old section.

Worth mentioning too, but sad to hear for DR, but last year he and I took in several laps of La Porte (one sighting lap) in the early morning hours and he was vocal about how much fun he had had.  We had three unobstructed laps with maybe two cars seen, all going in the other direction.  It was bliss.  The road was clean.  The air was still cool.  We couldn't have planned a more unobstructed outing with better conditions.  And we were home before the heat rolled into Reno.

One of the outtakes is listed <here>; the coming back out after our first sighting in run.    I had the cameras facing forward on this ride, so you won't see DR until the end.  He was right there with me the whole way.  Bet he could have passed me standing up if he wanted.