Main Menu

Roll Call - Bucks Lake 07/20/14

Started by GreenMachine, July 14, 2014, 11:19:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rg500nut

GM:

I'll meet you at the Sierraville store stop.  I understand 8:00 AM departure.  Fine.

Did you get your propane?

Rg500nut
2 strokes always...............

GreenMachine

Yes I did.  I knocked on the garage door to the house, but nobody answered.  Was going to catch up with you on Sunday night funs.

It worked out beautifully for me; slick as snot.  I was to my house by 11:30 PM and in bed by 12:30 AM.  Heck, if I would have stayed the night at the track, you would have kept me up 'til at least then!  It just worked out that way.  Nobody was leaving the track, so as I packed up I figured, I'll leave and see how far I could make it.  Never slowed down after that.

Got all my racing entertainment in.  Got my ride in on Friday. Got my camping and drinking fun in.  Excellent.  I want to go again.  When do we go???
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

GreenMachine

If any of you were following Saturday's Newbie ride led by Mel, you'll note there was significant precipitation on the way back.  Well, for some anyway.

We should stick to whatever plan that gets us around any storms.  I don't want anyone dieing from being struck by lightning.  My hope is that we're out and back early enough that thunderstorms aren't an issue.  The forecast is a little different for tomorrow, playing right into that schedule, T-storms in the afternoon, as opposed to today's T-storms early then tapering off.

What do you guys think?
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

GreenMachine

Mel

GM,

I can't wait to hear if you got lucky 2 days in a row with the rain :)!

Mel

RichVee4

Great ride guys.  I had a good lead after Portola valley so I made a quick run home.  Whats the speed limit out there again?

Tom, great restaurant choice.   Waitress was nice and we even learned there are mountains around bucks lake, all I've seen are curves :) 

At Sierraville, I tried to talk GM into taking 80 home and Scott and I take 70 and see who got the wetest, wasn't buying it.  70 was the best choice.
Live long and prosper \V/

GreenMachine

Quote from: Mel on July 20, 2014, 12:40:32 PM
GM,

I can't wait to hear if you got lucky 2 days in a row with the rain :)!

Mel
:D  :lucky  Yup.  Two days in a row.  Scott and I got a quick 1 mile wash at Bordertown, but we were out of it fairly quick and it was less than a heavy sprinkle.  Before that, I thought our luck had run out today.  We had RG with us for lunch and we got a little gabby with our funny stories.  Add in the view from the restaurant deck and nice weather, I didn't want to leave!

I felt a little bad for the others b/c this was a hasty ride pace.  When we left Bucks Lake I was thinking I may have been short-changing the guys, we could have taken one more lap down and back.  In the end, it was enough fun.  RG was in rare form today leading the pace on that stretch.  Rich was holding a pace right there with the best I could do on hwy 49.   And Scott wasn't letting much be put on him either, his pace and confidence must be soaring!   

:nana :nana2 :nana3 :moon :pieface :egyptian :disco :banana2
:evil1

Mel

That's cool, but pics or it didn't happen :)! Scott is getting to be quite the rain rider 8)!

Mel

GreenMachine

GreenMachine

Rich,

Glad you made it back on your own okay.  SL and I just droned home at a conservative pace.

slmoto

Another great ride guys. With a great lunch spot to match, thanks Tom!

Quote from: GreenMachine on July 20, 2014, 05:33:40 PM
I felt a little bad for the others b/c this was a hasty ride pace.  When we left Bucks Lake I was thinking I may have been short-changing the guys, we could have taken one more lap down and back.  In the end, it was enough fun.  RG was in rare form today leading the pace on that stretch.  Rich was holding a pace right there with the best I could do on hwy 49.   And Scott wasn't letting much be put on him either, his pace and confidence must be soaring!   

My pace and confidence have definitely been on the rise and I have a lot of you to thank. Thanks for some additional advice today from Rich and GM, all the tips are starting to stack up and I'm feeling better and better through the corners as I try to process and apply all this new info.

Quote from: Mel on July 20, 2014, 05:59:43 PM
That's cool, but pics or it didn't happen :)! Scott is getting to be quite the rain rider 8)!

Mel

I don't think today would count much as a rain ride, I hardly noticed the drops after going through the ride back yesterday.

All and all a good fun day, looking forward to more...

GreenMachine

GreenMachine

I just realized what that loud tin banging noise I was hearing from either my house or my neighbors.  Birds were seeking shelter from the rain.  Hope they're alright.  If not, there's going to be some happy kitties in the neighborhood by morning.

flamecrow

GreenMachine

Mc-D's in Colfax. 

And everyone at lunch and our parking spot.