Main Menu

Short ride Sunday 7/6

Started by RocketRider, July 04, 2014, 06:20:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RocketRider

Seems to be a lack of interest in La Porte so I thought I might try to drum up interest for a shorter ride. For those of you who don't know, I'm returning to riding after a 2.5 month leave courtesy of a melted piston and incompetent salvage yards. So I'm wanting a shorter but slightly more intense ride. This will be a bit of a shake down for myself/the bike, but all paces are welcome, we'll see you on the straights whether you're ahead or behind :)

This ride will start at 10am at the Mavericks at the base of Geiger. Like pretty much any ride I lead, we'll run up Geiger and then ?. Usually goes to truck route and then made up from there.

Post up and join me in our fine warm weather!
PIN IT TO WIN IT!

Please support my race team Rocket Pace Racing!https://www.facebook.com/RocketPaceRacing
We're accepting everything from Sponsors, to Facebook likes, to simple pats on the back :)

Thank you Apex-Speed and EBC Brakes for supporting our efforts to go faster!

288RR

I was going to try to make it,  but I had to much with the bottle last night

RocketRider

I ended up meeting up with PapaSmurf. Cool dude and he knows how to work that BMW touring bike!
We ran up to VC, down and back up truck route, down 6 mile, back around and up truck route and back down geiger. Good ride. Tuckered me out, and Smurf seemed like he was ready for more! Good stuff, cant wait to do it again
PIN IT TO WIN IT!

Please support my race team Rocket Pace Racing!https://www.facebook.com/RocketPaceRacing
We're accepting everything from Sponsors, to Facebook likes, to simple pats on the back :)

Thank you Apex-Speed and EBC Brakes for supporting our efforts to go faster!

dub

Quote from: RocketRider on July 07, 2014, 05:24:03 PM...Good ride. Tuckered me out, and Smurf seemed like he was ready for more!...

I guess he didn't tell you about his cross country jaunts? He can ride that beemer to the Eastern seaboard in three and half days. So yeah, I'd say he can handle a little 50 mile morning ride around Geiger Summit.
Thanks to Sidi|Motion Pro|Vortex|Carters|Shoei for the support in 2019