Main Menu

Roll call - Markleeville 06/22/14

Started by GreenMachine, June 17, 2014, 07:34:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GreenMachine

Taking it back a notch to something a little more simple after last weekend's extensive ride.  Markleeville sounds inviting and it's a not too long of a ride. 

RSVP if you're planning on going.  We'll depart on the ride as soon as everyone arrives and is ready.

Might have to get a late start on purpose, instead of the usual 9:00 AM starts we've been doing, since I'll be out late on Saturday night.  9:30 AM at the Geiger Maverik Country Store.  Temperatures should be back to normal, a high of 88* expected.  We can lunch in Markleeville and decide where to go from there.
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

nvgixxer

Ahhhhh yes, now you're talkin'! A doable ride for an old dude!! LOL
Well shucks, just a suggestion: Ebbetts to Bear Valley and back and then up and over Monitor to Topaz for gas and back again. Lunch in Markleeville somewhere in between all that...................OR...............????

Jimbo
2015 Suzuki Hayabusa (sold)
2012 Kawasaki ZX14R (sold)
2009 Suzuki Hayabusa (sold)
2007 Suzuki GSXR1000 (totaled)
2005 Suzuki Hayabusa (sold)
2003 Suzuki GSXR1000 (sold)

BC-2

Could you post the address to the Maverik Country Store?  I might be in for this ride.

GreenMachine

Our north route and south route staging spots are linked in the 2014 schedule thread.  But here it is:

https://plus.google.com/105311125518277187116/about?gl=us&hl=en
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

BC-2

Oh, didn't know that.  Thank you for posting it!

GreenMachine

90* is Reno expected.

I'm beginning to imagine ice cream after this ride.

Markleeville

nvgixxer

That's where the FOGs eat lunch when we're in the area. Great sandwiches while you watch the bikes ride by.

GreenMachine

They said "I do."  Congrats TB5!  We'll soldier on in missing wingman formation in your honor tomorrow.

Speaking of which.  9:30 at the Maverik.  See you'll there.  Thought SkyDiver would be joining us too, but he went dirt riding today and riding street the next day is tough.

Jimbo, are you riding VC with us in the morning or joining us down there as we pass by?

nvgixxer

I'll be at the top of the truck route in south VC in that big parking area. You should be reaching there at or around 10:00am.
Ha.................looks like Wiles is doing the 3-passes with the NSC today.............traitor!  ;D

Jimbo

flamecrow

Ah, I wish I could join you guys. I just replaced my bike yesterday after falling on June 1st on Geiger. I'm still a little afraid to go back on Geiger at the moment, so I postpone my first ride with you guys until i regain some confidence.

Ride safe and have fun out there today!

GreenMachine

You'd have thought he'd want a break from riding after last weekend's ride.  Perhaps it infected him.

It's gonna be cold out there this AM.  Haven't heard from BC-2 since starting this ride thread.  I wonder too if I'll bump into the SSA club starters again this ride.  Maybe not, ADragon hasn't texted me yet and it's after 7:00 AM.  CU in VC.  I'll have the cameras today for ya, NV!

GreenMachine

Quote from: flamecrow on June 22, 2014, 07:41:43 AM
Ah, I wish I could join you guys. I just replaced my bike yesterday after falling on June 1st on Geiger. I'm still a little afraid to go back on Geiger at the moment, so I postpone my first ride with you guys until i regain some confidence.

Ride safe and have fun out there today!
Would it help if you could watch us fall?   :angel 

We've all been there.  You're right, take it at your own pace.   We always ask everyone to ride their own pace.  I've been very impressed with the new riders we've been getting these last two years especially.   288cbr, RenoRider75, & SLmoto stand out in my mind.  :thumbup

You can catch up to us on another round, if you like.  The ride season's only 1/3 over.

GreenMachine

nvgixxer

GM and I had a blast today. Here are a few pics I took starting with GM meeting me at the top of the truck route, then lunch in Marleeville, finishing off with pics on Ebbetts Pass. Videos of Monitor will be posted to the member's section later on.

Jimbo

GreenMachine

:D  Double scoops of ice cream today too!  Felt I needed to celebrate by spending my money on something other than the local police ball.  Right Jimbo?  The extra scoop was only another $1, so a good investment in my book.

Can't wait to ride with you again NV.  You're going to be so much more confident with new rubber.  Look out!