Re: Fort Bragg Ride?

Started by arthur6, April 10, 2011, 05:23:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

arthur6

Is there a ride to Fort Bragg?
Approx date??
Thanks
2006 Kawasaki Z750s (SSA Bike)
1975 Kawasaki 350 Bighorn (Wed nights at PJ's bike)
Harley... (Wife rides on the back bike)

GreenMachine

Yes,

Memorial day weekend Sunday/Monday, sleepover.  Includes Hwy 36, Hwy 3, Hwy 1, Hwy 20 to Willits, Hwy 162, a brewery pub, at least two summits, great scenery and is guaranteed to flat out wear your arse out!  :evil1    I'm editing the ride schedule right after this and populating the SSA calendar with trackdays.

I believe Wills is the ride leader on this one, since he knows that area the best.  I'm not missing this one after all that Wills and Bigcat have said about those roads.
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

arthur6

OK... was there a ride to the coast - out & back same day?
2006 Kawasaki Z750s (SSA Bike)
1975 Kawasaki 350 Bighorn (Wed nights at PJ's bike)
Harley... (Wife rides on the back bike)

GreenMachine

Not planned this year.  However, depending on enthusiasm we could certainly adjust a ride or two. Or make a Saturday ride to Ft. Bragg.

What would you like to see?  Make a suggestion.  

It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

A DRAGON

aurther6.  I'm in for the Ft. Bragg and back ride.  We're actually looking to see who want's to go.  Sad thing is I'm headed to Mexico on the 19th. And wont' be back for 2 weeks.  So If we plan it we have to do it early or right when we I get back.   Let's see who's In before we say No.
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

mean green 79

Quote from: A DRAGON on April 12, 2011, 10:55:54 PM
aurther6.  I'm in for the Ft. Bragg and back ride.  We're actually looking to see who want's to go.  Sad thing is I'm headed to Mexico on the 19th. And wont' be back for 2 weeks.  So If we plan it we have to do it early or right when we I get back.   Let's see who's In before we say No.

Jimney crickets.when aren't you vacationing in Mexico.
Would also like to do a fort bragg trip. Hwy 36 is awesome especially the roller coaster.
Hwy 20 will also wear you out.

edmunsan

is there a hotel in mind? camping? how much$
MOTOISM my desease from wich there is no cure.

GreenMachine

Wills and Bigcat know this route all too well, so I'll defer the overnight accommodations to them and the group.  Wills said there's an overnight motel nearby, but if you want to camp, more power to ya!  Google Maps the Eureka area.

Cost?  Fuel, food and lodging.  Last trip, there were three of us to one room, so the cost for that can be distributed.  The motel operator was good with it and the rate, lack of reservation and freedom to just waltz in matched perfectly.

Getting there in a timely manner will be pressed, but after we get closer to the coast I think pleasure riding, pubs, dining and such will be left up to whomever constitutes the riding group.  We really scored last time in that department too.  We found a local Italian restaurant that was hidden out of the way.  It was perfect.  Then one of us got a hankering for a big apple pie dessert that the restaurant couldn't match, so we found another place for that.  It was exciting just winging it.  In the morning, I wanted to visit the old growth forests, which was a beautiful ride too.  We hiked and took pictures along the way.  Oooh, I'm having flashbacks.  It was awesome! 

For this trip, we'll ride out to Mt. Etna, then return all the way down the coast for lunch in Ft. Bragg, taking in some of the best twisty and scenic highways offered.  Bellies full, there's one more stretch of twisties to take in, then back home before we all get cranky.

edmunsan

wow looks like good times!
MOTOISM my desease from wich there is no cure.

GreenMachine

stimacsays

Quote from: GreenMachine on April 18, 2011, 05:28:00 PM

Cost?  Fuel, food and lodging.  Last trip, there were three of us to one room, so the cost for that can be distributed. 
Did you mean the for that can be "disturbing"? :D

GreenMachine

Quote from: stimacsays on April 23, 2011, 02:14:33 PM
Quote from: GreenMachine on April 18, 2011, 05:28:00 PM

Cost?  Fuel, food and lodging.  Last trip, there were three of us to one room, so the cost for that can be distributed. 
Did you mean the for that can be "disturbing"? :D
That's a risk we all take, unfortunately.

A DRAGON

That was a great Trip.  Every time I go to the coast on my bike.  I'm always thankful I don't do just Track.  There is still so much to enjoy on  a bike.  Good Friends,  Great roads,  Very deep sleep and Good food with a beer at the end of the day.

That was a great Trip.  I'm so glad I didn't miss it.  I guess that's why The SSA plans one every Year.   :party
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750