Main Menu

Virginia City Grand Prix

Started by 2 Smoke (Bryant), February 10, 2010, 05:55:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

2 Smoke (Bryant)

They have already started accepting registration. For Registration cost go to www.VCGP.com for more information
Throttle therapy:  Live to ride. Ride for life.

ellis44n

I ahve a 50% finish rate for that race, we will see how i do this year. thanks for the post

Yard Sale

I have a 100% finish rate! (Only raced it once.)

Disclaimer: May not be an official "Finish" if racers are required to finish within a certain percentage of the winner's time.  :P

MotoPutz

I've run the track and finished but it wasn't during a race... Ran it with my friend who always runs the race.

edmunsan

How many laps? how long are the laps?hows the terrain?Sounds like a tough ass race!
MOTOISM my desease from wich there is no cure.

Yard Sale

IIRC it took me 3.5 hours, only stopping for fuel and goggles. Very rocky and dusty. Very long laps.

2 Smoke (Bryant)

Quote from: Yard Sale on February 11, 2010, 04:20:39 PM
I have a 100% finish rate! (Only raced it once.)

Disclaimer: May not be an official "Finish" if racers are required to finish within a certain percentage of the winner's time.  :P

You really only have to finish one lap to get finish.  Depending on what class you ride in dictates how long the race is. For example the Pro and expert racers (riders) have 4 hours to do as many laps as possible.  Your placing is also dependant on what class you ride in. 

2 Smoke (Bryant)

Quote from: edmunsan on February 11, 2010, 09:00:46 PM
How many laps? how long are the laps?hows the terrain?Sounds like a tough ass race!

As I stated earlier, its a timed event based on the class you ride in. Pro and expert race is saturday and is 4 hours long. The courses are generally between 20 and 30 miles long (with no preriding allowed).  The terrain is jeep trails mining trails and double wide trails. Depending on the weather very dusty and rocky, with a water crossing or two depending on how good the winter is ect.

dmh2000

Maybe we should have an organized SSA team. i would volunteer to be a pit monkey.
dave

edmunsan

Quote from: dmh2000 on February 12, 2010, 11:08:02 AM
Maybe we should have an organized SSA team. i would volunteer to be a pit monkey.

Yea what he said! and that would be a great reason for me to get back into shape ;D
MOTOISM my desease from wich there is no cure.

2 Smoke (Bryant)

Quote from: dmh2000 on February 12, 2010, 11:08:02 AM

I think that is a dambed fine idea.  Im already going to be pitting for a friend of mine on Saturday.  He rides in the Pro class and is very competative.  If I remember correctly he started in the 5th row (#45th) and finished 6th in class and 6th overall. 

You (we) still have a little over a month to pre register. I still havent registered and dont plan to untill the last minute. Im willing to start at or near the back of the pack. My plan is to finish the race not actually race the race. The last day to Pre register is March 20th, so your entry envelope needs to be post marked not later than the 20th of March.  Otherwise you'll have to pay an additional $10 for late entry.  So dust off you check books and or get a money order made out too VCMC (Virginia City Motorcycle Club) and lets have some fun.  Lodging is limited so if your serious about doing this you need to make hotel reservations now if you plan on spending the weekend.  Or get up there early the Friday before the races to stake out your camping spot and they are limited.  Im going to try and borrow my brothers 30ft toy hauler for that weekend. I know a VCMC club member he is my pro racer friend and he gets a spot or two reserved right down on the pit road access.  So if I can get the toy hauler I will have room for a few extra bodies and a secure place to store the bikes in the trailer. Im also going to re post the idea of starting a Team SSA.