Main Menu

Keigwin's Has Laguna Seca Friday Sept. 11 NO SOUND RESTRICTIONS

Started by A DRAGON, August 12, 2009, 02:02:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

A DRAGON

WOW!!!!!  I think I might be able to do this are we up for a road trip?

This has never happened before! And probably never will again. A motorcycle trackday at world famous Laguna Seca, with absolutely no sound limit. That's right, any bike, any pipe (or maybe no pipe, hehe).

When Laguna asked us yesterday about this we became very, very excited but also, pretty concerned. The rent is 67% higher than usual. YIKES. The event is only four and a half weeks away. And we're at Infineon the day before and Thunderhill for three days afterwards, Sunday through Tuesday.

This event will likely put us in the hole. It is wildly expensive. But we figure it's worth it. And motorcyclists deserve this once in a lifetime opportunity. We simply could not pass it up.

Join us!

Where: Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca
When: Friday, September 11, 2009
Price: $350, or one trackday ticket pack ticket and $80 premium.

This will be a standard three group event, with 20 minute riding sessions each hour. One advanced "A" group, a fast intermediate "B+" group and a more conservative intermediate "B-" group.

Our website shopping cart has been updated. You may order your spot now:

Buy it on the "sign up now" page (http://keigwin. com/events_ orderpage. php) or
apply a TDTP ticket -- same link, choose the "use ticket pack" tab at the top of the page. (If using a ticket please tell us how to handle the $80 premium in the "comments" box.)
We hope to see you there! Don't miss this chance!!

Happy trackdays!
The Keigwins family and staff

Keigwins@theTrack, Inc.
650-949-5609 office
www.keigwin. com
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

jlavallee

Oh my dear lord. No sound limit at Laguna... How the hell did they manage that?

I want to be able to afford this soooooooooo bad. :'(

MotoPutz

A DRAGON

OK I made an Executive decision. I signed up for Laguna Seca on Friday September 11 A Group. You coming Erik you SANDBAGGER!!! ;D

Also signed up for Monday September 14Th to go with the CHEF at Thunder hill. Erik you can come to this one to you Sandbagging,600 Suzuki riding, Fat leather suit wearing, Red headed smack talking,Blue mo-tar motorcycle  riding, SSA Track day tweaker, Thai food eating, Toyota pick up driving Clown. It's on like Donkey Kong. :D :D
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

MotoPutz

Quick quick hit him with a stick, I think his clip is empty!!!

Rick Bay (BRA)

Should I change my last track day of my pack to Laguna? I was going to go at Buttonwillow... :-\ What do you expert guys recommend? I' ve been once at laguna but never in Buttonwillow.  :-\ :-\ :-\

A DRAGON

Do Laguna. NO  NOISE RESTRICTIONS. I've been doing track days for over 10 yrs. I've never seen this before.

Maybe their finally figuring it out. Or it will happen again next year. I'm not going to take that chance.
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

Rick Bay (BRA)

Alright Jerome. I'm gonna call Lance tomorrow to change it. I'll join you guys too. Iupiiiii!!!! Sorry, Bottonwilow next time... hehehe

Justin

Why no sound restrictions?  Pure conjecture on my part.
Well, Laguna is actually a state park, and as such, is the only state park that turns a profit.  The state either threatened them with talks of park closure, or begged them for more money... either way, Mazda said "drop the noise restrictions"
Poverty stricken California said "ok, ok, we're dying over here!!!!"

Oneup

AMA cancelled their last round at Laguna this year which leaves the track another day available with no sound restrictions.  Keigwins picked up the day at a much higher than usual cost.
02 KX250, 04 GSXR1000, 07 CBR600rr

Mike

The rent is 67% higher than usual.

I am in "A group" now If I can get the days off work..

Track It!.

Member of the SSA since 1996

Adiggity

To elaborate a little bit more with what Oneup said, Laguna gets "X" amount of days/year that they can exceed the sound restriction. And that is why when AMA canceled their date they had a date open with no restrictions. The restriction came because all of the residents in the area would go to the city and complain about the noise. The residents wanted it shut down. The track/city came to a compromise with the residents to allow "X" amount of days without the noise restriction to keep the major events (Moto GP, AMA, F1) coming into the community and helping the economy but the rest of the year there is a noise restriction, which still gets people (us common folk) to come to the area and boosts the economy. And in case you've never been, they are very strict and very serious about the restriction.

XIII

^that makes a whole lot of sense! Thanks for the explanation Andy!

Team Gorgonzola

Quote from: A DRAGON on August 12, 2009, 05:04:18 PM
OK I made an Executive decision. I signed up for Laguna Seca on Friday September 11 A Group. You coming Erik you SANDBAGGER!!! ;D

Also signed up for Monday September 14Th to go with the CHEF at Thunder hill. Erik you can come to this one to you Sandbagging,600 Suzuki riding, Fat leather suit wearing, Red headed smack talking,Blue mo-tar motorcycle  riding, SSA Track day tweaker, Thai food eating, Toyota pick up driving Clown. It's on like Donkey Kong. :D :D

LOLOLOL
Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube.
-Hunter S. Thompson-

Rick Bay (BRA)