Main Menu

MotoGP Race in Hungry Place Your Picks

Started by A DRAGON, August 02, 2008, 09:56:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

A DRAGON

I am starting a pool for a gallon of Motul Oil. You have to pick 5 riders in the field. List them as you think they will finish. I will add up the places that they finish and the one with the lowest total score wins. :-* Example
1. Stoner
2. Rossi
3. Mellandre
4. Edwards
5.Vermeulen
Total 15 points
actual finish was   1. Rossi
                             2. Vermeulen
                             3. Toseland
                             4. Edwards
                             5. Pedrosa
You get 1 for Rossi, 2 for Vermeulen,4 for Edwards, Stoner had a mechanical or Crashed and finished 25th. So you add 25 to your score and Mellandre actually finished 10th. So you add another 10 points to your score. So your actual score was 42. Tie Breakers actually start with the people who actually Picked the winner. If you picked the winner you are in contention If you did not Then you can only hope NO ONE has picked the winner to be in contention.

So list your picks before the start of the race and you are in. I would also like to do it for the WSBK and AMA Superbike and maybe some of the others. Good luck to all who enter.

YOU MUST BE ABLE TO COME TO BIKE NIGHT TO COLLECT YOUR PRIZE.SO YOU REALLY HAVE TO BE KINDA OF LOCAL. OR COME TO ONE OF OUR TRACK DAYS TO COLLECT.

THERE WILL BE A SPECIAL PRIZE FOR THOSE OFYOU WHO CAN PICK THE HOLE SHOT ( Hole shot is the first rider to come out of turn one. If its a dog leg turn like Laguna it will be turn 2. The turn has to be a sharp turn decided by ME!!!! PLEASE DON'T TRY TO MAKE THIS COMPLICATED. >:( LET'S JUST HAVE SOME FUN WATCHING THE RACES. :D
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

Resistor

Sweet this will be fun!!!!

1. Rossi
2. Stoner
3. Pedrosa
4. Lorenso
5. Toseland

Hole: Pedrosa
2005 GSXR-600

weavefish

1. Rossi
2. Stoner
3. lorenzo
4. Vermeulen
5. Divizioso

::)

hole: Stoner

Edited: had hayden for 5th...not sure if its still safe to change.
It's not that I'm afraid to die, I just don't want to be there when it happens. - Woody Allen

trent

1. Rossi
2. Stoner
3. Pedrosa
4. Lorenzo
5. Edwards

Hole = Rossi
There is absolutely no good excuse for what Im about to do !

Justin

Quote from: A DRAGON on August 02, 2008, 09:56:29 PM
  You get 1 for Rossi, 2 for Vermeulen,4 for Edwards, Stoner had a mechanical or Crashed and finished 25th. So you add 25 to your score and Mellandre actually finished 10th. So you add another 10 points to your score. So your actual score was 42. Tie Breakers actually start with the people who actually Picked the winner. If you picked the winner you are in contention If you did not Then you can only hope NO ONE has picked the winner to be in contention.
( Hole shot is the first rider to come out of turn one. If its a dog leg turn like Laguna it will be turn 2. The turn has to be a sharp turn decided by ME!!!! PLEASE DON'T TRY TO MAKE THIS COMPLICATED.

Yeah, Let's not make this complicated!  uahuahuah
1. Rossi
2. Stoner
3. Pedrosa
4. Lorenso
5. Toseland

Hole: Pedrosa

jlavallee

1. Stoner
2. Rossi
3. Pedrosa
4. Hayden
5. Divizioso

Holeshot: Pedrosa

Team Gorgonzola

1. Stoner
2. Rossi
3. Vermuelen
4. Pedrosa
5. Edwards

Holeshot: Casey Stoner

CaseDucatiCaseDucatiCaseDucatiCaseDucatiCaseDucatiCaseDucatiCaseDucatiCaseDucatiCaseDucati

PS I found a picture of Justin; this time with pink undies..... ;D ;D ;D ;D

[attachment deleted by admin]
Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube.
-Hunter S. Thompson-

weavefish

Quote from: Team Gorgonzola on August 04, 2008, 12:51:44 PM
PS I found a picture of Justin; this time with pink undies..... ;D ;D ;D ;D

Very nice Justino :o
It's not that I'm afraid to die, I just don't want to be there when it happens. - Woody Allen

Todd-NSC

I'll give it a try.

1. Stoner
2. Hayden
3. Rossi
4. Nakano
5. Edwards

Holeshot- Stoner

Adiggity

Hey Jerome, the next race is in Brno (Czech Republic). Is that the one we are talking about? And when are the picks due?

Resistor

His post says the picks are due before the start of the race.  So if you want you can wait until qualifiying to see how the riders are doing, but then the longer you wait, the less choices of picks you have since they can't be duplicated, although Justin already copied my picks...

One way to police it, is to check to make sure people don't modify their posts after their pick is posted...
2005 GSXR-600

zipbyu

1. stoner
2. rossi
3. pendrosa
4. edwards
5. haden
h/s stroer
And there it is.

A DRAGON

Yo Diggity. Thats the race sorry my bad. Just don't wait to long.
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

dmh2000

1. rossi
2. stoner
3. pedrosa
4. lorenzo
5. dovizioso

hole shot : pedrosa
dave

Yard Sale

Rossi
Stoner
Dovizioso
Pedrosa
Gibernau (if he has a ride; if not, then Lorenzo)

Stoner for the holeshot, then Rossi will bitch-slap the pacifier out of his mouth (again).