Main Menu

Dirt riding this weekend 11/1-2?

Started by slmoto, October 30, 2014, 09:08:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

slmoto

Anyone interested in riding dirt this weekend? I'm good either day and open to wherever. I've only been on dirt a few times now (Peavine and Moon Rocks) but if you can bear with a beginner I'd love to tag along.

dub

I was thinking of riding this weekend, but the forecast changed my mind. I predict I will end up cold and wet.
Thanks to Sidi|Motion Pro|Vortex|Carters|Shoei for the support in 2019

RichVee4

I am waiting to see what the weather is like later today/early Sun morning before I decide. 
Live long and prosper \V/

dub

Should be good Sunday, but I can't ride that day.

dub

Actually turned out pretty nice down here. I just rode from the house and putted around for an hour or so this afternoon after the yard work was done. Dirt was perfect and the sun was out.

slmoto

A bit of blue sky started breaking through this afternoon. Tomorrow is looking good, I'm definitely riding unless something drastic comes up, thinking around 11am but if flexible if anyone else wants to join.

RichVee4

Sunday works for me, cold but the sun should be out.   Moon Rocks has an enduro event this weekend so that is out.  Did you have a destination in mind?  I have been wanting to ride at the MX course in Fernley off I80.  With the rain I don't know what the surface will be like, could be good or could be sticky.  We can firm up plans in the morning.  Would you be willing to head our earlier, say 9am? 

slmoto

Yeah, I can do 9am.

I didn't have a place in mind, if it was just me I was just going to fall back on Peavine since it's close and most familiar to me. Is there any other riding out at the MX course in Fernley? I don't mind giving it a try but I kind of like cruising around the trails as well and I don't know how well I'd do yet on an actual course.

I'm not really familiar with much. I was looking at the map on Rider Planet, Bull Ranch Creek looks like fun but may be dusted in snow after tonight.

RichVee4

The place in Fernley looks like there are a variety of "tracks" that all run around each other, some more maintained than others.   It definitely dosent look formal and is fairly mild looking as far as tracks go.   Part of it looks similar to the track we found at moon rocks and other areas have more defined, larger features.  Either way I'm good , we can decide in the morning.   

slmoto

Quote from: RichVee4 on November 01, 2014, 09:31:25 PM
The place in Fernley looks like there are a variety of "tracks" that all run around each other, some more maintained than others.   It definitely dosent look formal and is fairly mild looking as far as tracks go.   Part of it looks similar to the track we found at moon rocks and other areas have more defined, larger features.  Either way I'm good , we can decide in the morning.   

Sounds good, we'll have fun with whatever I'm sure. I probably had some of the most fun last time just goofing around in that big open area.

Looks like it's just us, did you want to meet there or drive out together...?

RichVee4

Where's GM, he likes it cold.  Looking like a nice day.  I can pick you up on the way there.  I will let you know when I am leaving.

GreenMachine

Couldn't go this weekend.  Had Fall chores to do, but I saw you guys were going out without me.   :-[  Soon though.  Soon.
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

slmoto

It was good times, went out to the Fernley track by the side of the freeway. I had more fun on the track than I was anticipating, especially after getting a few laps in, I could feel myself getting quicker and smoother. The weather and dirt were great. We were only out there for a couple hours so after that I went out to play around Peavine when we got back. Had a blast there too, and I think the weather should be getting cold enough for you GM as you can see from the pics below.

If you're up for next weekend I'll be going out for sure because I can't go the weekend after. I would like to try Bull Ranch Creek, Dog Valley area... Looks like it will be warming up this week so any snow out there would probably melt by the weekend or be minimal at most. But, I'd be up for whatever if anyone else wanted to go and had something else in mind.

GreenMachine

It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

slmoto

Not as messy as I would have liked, I was hoping to romp around in the mud. It was mostly just damp at best, those are some of the heavier patches of snow I found, it wasn't really all that snowy or muddy up there.