Main Menu

Moonrocks trail ride report/pics

Started by Yard Sale, February 20, 2010, 08:11:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yard Sale

I arrived well after bigbob's 8:30 AM ride time and found his truck without bigbog and his big 'berg. It was easily identifiable by the I'd Rather be Kayaking license plate frame.

I looked around and rode north toward Dogskin in the hope of running into a Husaberg.

I rode north around the base of Dogskin. Here's a downhill where I got a little too cocky on the gas at the top and found myself heading down into a big G-out with too much speed. It looks like I wasn't the only one, judging by the smaller escape route (which I took) branching off the downhill trail.

I got up onto Dogskin ridge and headed south.

I finally found the east trail off and down Dogskin ridge.

However, I was still going up and south.

The gnarly obstacle was really rutted out with exposed rocks. I had to crop my thumb out of this picture so it's missing the gnarliest part. Of the trail, not my thumb.

Back at bigbob's truck I looked around for him when a couple riders came in. I asked if they had seen a Husaberg or were with him. They were with him, sort of. And I recognized the YZ250 rider as Bret from the Polka Dots MC from when I raced District 36 14-15 years ago. Wow, small world. Bigbob soon rolled in with olde dude (another YZ250) and we later rolled out.

I followed them to Warm Springs mountain where we went up the big wash.

We did some tight single track around the mountain then headed north. This was the most snow we encountered on this loop, just enough to be interesting.

We hit the stealth wash then turned around and rode way too many whoops. For a bunch of guys who drove a long way to get here, they sure seem to enjoy the whoops.

edmunsan

Nice! Hitting the Pine Nuts tommorrow, myself and ye trusty ipod. Very few woops where Ima ganna go. Just tight single track and some snow. There is this one spot called the cross box wich is hella tight, going to see if its ridable yet. Then hit the track at the pitts do sum jumps.
MOTOISM my desease from wich there is no cure.