Main Menu

Checking In

Started by Joe, December 30, 2008, 12:55:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe

Hi everyone, just checking in. I am based in Chicago but I am going to be heading out to visit family and want to hit up some good routes while I am out there. I'll keep an eye out for your group rides and see if there is one I can attend while I am visiting.

trent

Welcome.. Just let us know when youll be in the area. Im sure there will be someone out for a ride.
There is absolutely no good excuse for what Im about to do !

Adiggity

And we also have a section of this forum that will have a 2009 schedule (when it is made) and maps for some of the rides that can be found here.

http://www.sierrasportbike.com/smf/index.php?board=4.0

Joe

Thanks, I was checking out those maps and the routes look pretty good. Is there much traffic during the weekdays on those roads? I used to live in SLT when I was a kid and then lived in Reno for a while before moving back but I never rode street back then so I have no idea of the better roads.

I am hoping to make it out there in 3 days then take a day off and ride for a few days before heading back. I'll probably need some tires put on when I get out there, is there a good dealership to work with?

Adiggity

Most of the rides that we do on the schedule are not usually too bad for traffic, although it is obviously not guaranteed that traffic won't be an issue. I know there are guys here who post up rides that they are planning with limited notice that are usually shorter and more localized rides. Those tend to have more traffic for sure. The scheduled rides are pretty much an all day thing, and a couple times they are more than one day. There are some really awesome sections of very limited traffic in most all of the scheduled rides.

As for a local dealer, Big Valley Honda would be my recommendation. 

Joe

Thanks. I'll keep up to date on the forum here as the date gets closer. Its 15 degrees right now so I really want to come now, but its not in the cards. :(

Thanks for the info though I appreciate it. If you're ever in the Chicago area hit me up and I can show you the only curve that we have here.  :)

Resistor

Quote from: Joe on December 31, 2008, 04:59:08 AM
If you're ever in the Chicago area hit me up and I can show you the only curve that we have here.  :)

Ouch!  sorry to hear that, sounds like its just as bad as Texas.
2005 GSXR-600

zipbyu

If you're ever in the Chicago area hit me up and I can show you the only curve that we have here.  :)
[/quote]

Hey, I used to hit that one too when I lived their.   

Justin

While in Chicago I just re-trace the chase scene from "the Blues Brothers" Lower W. Drive.

Joe

Well it really isn't that bad, but there aren't many areas to ride around here. I haven't gotten into the track yet so there is hope I suppose.