Main Menu
  • Welcome to SSA Sierra Sportbike Association | Reno Nevada Motorcycle Trackday Weekend Riding Club.

No voltage...

Started by Jp_Rio, August 08, 2011, 09:06:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jp_Rio

I recently got a super bad @ss pocket bike and decided to work on it yesterday. After charging and putting a battery in place, the bike would not turn and I am not quite sure why. Routing the wires, I see I have voltage until the ignition switch (see picture below). The orange in the back is the + and the green one is the -. When the key is turned to the "on" position, I verified I have voltage between the green and the other orange (right side). This orange goes to the front panels and stuff and am not really interested on it right now. The black and white one is my problem. There is no voltage between the black and the green, is that how it is supposed to be or the switch is broken?

IMG_20110807_152520

The black wire routes all the way to be the + wire for this connector, which I am assuming is the starter...maybe (picture below)

IMG_20110807_152617

A bigger picture:

IMG_20110807_152623

The only other wire that comes out of the engine area is one that goes all the way to this (black wire - right side of the right device)

IMG_20110807_152641

Which, to be honest, not quite sure what it is. Would guess the coil, but have no idea what that does if guessed right. I think the piece where this black wire comes from is the kick starter (its broken. Opened up with a circular plate showing off). Also, what would be the thing on the left that looks like a heat sink?

Between all these question, the one I am most interested on is if the black and white wire is supposed to be hot or not...

Anyone?  ???

What?? Trackday?? I'm in!!!

cobra23

The heat sink lookin deal is a rectifier.

This looks very simular to the Honda 90 wiring.

If you post in the next couple days, i will look into the problem, but this is 120 days old.

Jp_Rio

Sorry Cobra23, took me a while to see this. But I got almost everything figured out. Just need to stop being lazy and actually work on it. I'll post again in case I have any other questions.

Thanks!
What?? Trackday?? I'm in!!!