Main Menu
  • Welcome to SSA Sierra Sportbike Association | Reno Nevada Motorcycle Trackday Weekend Riding Club.

1983 KZ750

Started by SaintMichael, July 12, 2011, 07:39:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cobra23

SaintMichael

Eventually I'm sure. My wish list took a serious hit when I saw how much things like brakes were going to set me back. I will be rebuilding calipers and master cylinders as well as having the rotors resurfaced. I am just getting into the wiring now. Hopefully I can have it down to just engine and frame by this weekend.
2001 Yamaha R6

Die my dear? Why that's the last thing I'll do. - Groucho Marx

GreenMachine

I could see rebuilding the calipers, but aren't rotors somewhat self turning, so to speak.  Let the old pads shine them back up for the most part, then Dremel to polish out what remains.  I mean, if they're not warped, keep 'em.
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

cobra23

Ahhh the money pit is only about 6 inches deep right now.

I'm in about 6 feet.

SaintMichael

And since I can never make up my mind about anything, I put it up for sale and have someone coming to look at it tomorrow haha.
2001 Yamaha R6

dub

Well that is a rather anticlimactic end to this project.
Thanks to Sidi|Motion Pro|Vortex|Carters|Shoei for the support in 2019

SaintMichael

Ha yeah I know. Just too many good deals out there to pass on for now
2001 Yamaha R6

SaintMichael

I feel a little goofy, for not posting this here earlier. I have the bike up for sale. $150 (what I paid for it) in case anyone needs a parts bike, or is just looking for a new project. I found the bike I really want, and should be picking it up in the next few months. Let me know if you are interested.
2001 Yamaha R6

edmunsan

Projects= a passionate persuit. MONEY DOES NOT MATTER! Most of the time..That bikes a good scoop tho. Cafe Racer.
MOTOISM my desease from wich there is no cure.

SaintMichael

I have it up on CraigsList, if she doesn't sell in next few weeks, anyone on the forums is welcome to it as parts bike. Free to a good home in other words.
2001 Yamaha R6