Main Menu
  • Welcome to SSA Sierra Sportbike Association | Reno Nevada Motorcycle Trackday Weekend Riding Club.

1983 KZ750

Started by SaintMichael, July 12, 2011, 07:39:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GreenMachine

You kind of have to expect it in the business world.  It's just your employer trying to protect themselves from their employees while cutting off all non-work related Web sites.
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

dub

Still waiting for pics...
Thanks to Sidi|Motion Pro|Vortex|Carters|Shoei for the support in 2019

SaintMichael

I know I'm slacking. I have some on my work comp, just no way to get them on here. Damn you short term memory.
2001 Yamaha R6

Die my dear? Why that's the last thing I'll do. - Groucho Marx

SaintMichael

2001 Yamaha R6

cobra23

Alll Right den...

What we have here is a very fine sheet of clean canvas...oh yea.

The 82 was one of the most refined bikes of it's time, and underated as the 1000 was the big seller, and the guys who are now racing 600's bought the GPZ550 back then. They called the class 550 "box stock"

Yep i was alive then .. had me a GPZ too 120mph through the Methow valley...(google that it's in Wa.) Do not attempt that speed in that Valley, I was 22 at teh time and did not know better.....

If the thing turns over.. i'm bettin it does, you are in fat city.

I'm in love with the thing.... There was a rare bird known as the KZ 700..if it is one of those you have a future collectors item on your hands. (that was the 750cc tarriff, you know so harley would not go out of business)

SaintMichael

I have been going through and reorganizing tools this week. Hoping to start teardown tomorrow night , maybe have someone come over and take notes for me. Get my wish list started...
2001 Yamaha R6

GreenMachine

Definitely take digital pictures for things like vacuum hoses and electrical wiring paths.  Take tons of them, just in case.

Good luck!
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

SaintMichael

Update: Got her up on the stand and... she turns over! I have also never smelled gas that bad. The oil didnt smell so hot either lol
2001 Yamaha R6

SaintMichael

Also, the vin tag calls the model a KZ750R. Anyone know if that denotes anything special
2001 Yamaha R6

cobra23

I'm thinkin GPZ 750.

Scott

GSX-R600

cobra23

This is the "700" it is more rare. I am not sure what you have there, but if it actually one of these... oh boy..

http://kzrider.com/gallery/kz-700/all-done-1147

cobra23

The GPZ had a different set of cams, and red paint.

They were "mean".

SaintMichael

From what I've found online, the KZ750R was only made in 82. The only differences are the Firecracker Red paint, an external oil cooler (just like on the 700), and a cowling over the headlight (which mine is currently missing).
2001 Yamaha R6

SaintMichael

It looks like Z1 Enterprises has most of what I need. Now if there was just someone local I could have look into my extensive parts list...
2001 Yamaha R6