Main Menu
  • Welcome to SSA Sierra Sportbike Association | Reno Nevada Motorcycle Trackday Weekend Riding Club.

Triple Clamp Stand

Started by Jp_Rio, July 02, 2011, 10:24:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jp_Rio

Does anybody have a triple clamp stand that I can borrow on any one of these super duper "long" weekend days? I need to tighten my steering head...
What?? Trackday?? I'm in!!!

youngster775

Yes, I do. but I'm soo bust these days you would probably have to come pick it up....  :r6y
2006 R1-50th,2004 R6 trackbike,2005 GSXR-600,2001 ZX6 trackbike,2005 YZ-250F

TWF

Triple clamp stand is wrong for that job. You don't want anything touching forks or triples. Jack it up under engine.

Jp_Rio

Quote from: youngster775 on July 06, 2011, 10:02:10 AM
Yes, I do. but I'm soo bust these days you would probably have to come pick it up....  :r6y

Thank you Paul, but I got one and "did" the job already...

Quote from: TWF on July 06, 2011, 04:03:40 PM
Triple clamp stand is wrong for that job. You don't want anything touching forks or triples. Jack it up under engine.

Hun.. this is new info. Every site/forum I go I see people advising to use a stand that goes under the frame on that hole right under the steering column (maybe I used the wrong nomenclature for the stand). But point taken, will do that.. as soon as I have an engine back on my bike!
What?? Trackday?? I'm in!!!

TWF

When you put stand in hole on bottom of stem whole bike weight is supported there, you can,t turn bars easily to feel bearings.
If you unscrew stem nuts on top whole stem will move. It is not how it is done, regardless what internet say.
With motor out it is even easier :)

dub

Did you just call Zoran "hun"?
Thanks to Sidi|Motion Pro|Vortex|Carters|Shoei for the support in 2019