Main Menu

Roll Call - Off schedule 90 mile Tahoe ride 08/02/15

Started by GreenMachine, July 31, 2015, 10:55:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GreenMachine

A beat the heat and the T-storms cruise ride.  Meet at the South Route Maverik Country Store.  KSU* at 8:30 AM.

Ride over Mt. Rose summit, down the east shore of Lake Tahoe, Spooner Summit to CC, then Minden to Kingsbury and home whichever route is the coolest.

RSVP** if you're planning on going.   If you do not RSVP, the ride may be canceled even if you had planned on showing up the day of the ride.  We'll depart on the ride as soon as everyone arrives and is ready, meaning, that if there are any newb riders, I will go over some of the key items they'll need to know.

This is a minimum C level ride pace route, so all riders welcome.
South Route.  

*** Safety is paramount. ***
As always, see 2015 SSA Ride Schedule for everything that is expected of you and what you can expect.  

Hope to see you there.

* KSU dependent on when everybody is ready.
** RSVP - répondez, s'il vous plaît a.k.a. please reply.

8:30 AM KSU, to get home earlier than later.  Temps should be in the low 80s.

Or post a ride idea of your own and we'll see what we end up doing.
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

Vegasrider

Is that the Maverick located near the roundabout on the way up to Virginia City?

PAPASMURF

S1000R
R1250RS

Vegasrider

Okay I'm in. A rare group ride for me. I generally ride solo or with another rider or two.

rg500nut

RG is a go!!!!!!!, Where is Monica, my Triumph representative??????????
2 strokes always...............

dub

Quote from: Vegasrider on August 01, 2015, 11:09:25 AM
Okay I'm in. A rare group ride for me. I generally ride solo or with another rider or two.

Another rider or two pretty much is an SSA group ride.
Thanks to Sidi|Motion Pro|Vortex|Carters|Shoei for the support in 2019

GreenMachine

Quote from: rg500nut on August 01, 2015, 02:29:30 PM
RG is a go!!!!!!!, Where is Monica, my Triumph representative??????????
Didn't she tell you?  She doesn't have an account.  Not allowed by the man of the house, from what she told me.  :o
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

Vegasrider

Quote from: dub on August 01, 2015, 03:02:16 PM
Quote from: Vegasrider on August 01, 2015, 11:09:25 AM

Another rider or two pretty much is an SSA group ride.

That's funny!

slmoto

Down to the last minute as usual but just wrapped up the bike maintenance I needed to do so I'll be able to make it tomorrow.

See you guys then.

PAPASMURF

not sure if KSU is at 8 or 830 since both are mentioned.  :o

but i want to go too. lol  ;)
S1000R
R1250RS

GreenMachine

GreenMachine

It appears we're going to get rained on this morning.  Doppler is showing rain over 395, 28 and 89 by Tahoe.

See <interactive Doppler here>

GreenMachine

Quote from: GreenMachine on August 02, 2015, 07:36:48 AM
It appears we're going to get rained on this morning.  Doppler is showing rain over 395, 28 and 89 by Tahoe.

See <interactive Doppler here>
Actually, looking at the hour by hour, it appears the light rain may either remain that or clear for a brief window, until 1:00 PM.

I just texted RG, whose ride this is and he's going.  I guess I'm going then too. 

See everyone at Maveriks.

GreenMachine

Not too bad of a Sunday ride.  Only minor sprinkles and nicely cool riding temps.  Papasmurf and I road back on 28.  That was one of the better crossings, I'll have to admit.  Almost no traffic and most people politely moved over to share their lane if they were driving below the speed limit.  Getting onto I-395 from Mt. Rose highway was a gas.  Good job PS!

Vegasrider

Nice meeting everyone and their bikes this morning.  Pictured, the flagship bike for our ride, Tom's R1-M. Great weather in my opinion, the cloud cover kept the temps down.  I got real lucky coming down Spooner, little did I know about NHP's favorite spot at the bottom.  Then some of us gave NHP another shot, as we went down Spooner for the 2nd time.