Main Menu

Roll Call - Buck's Lake 07/26/15

Started by GreenMachine, July 24, 2015, 01:26:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GreenMachine

Planned 8:30 AM kickstands up (KSU),* North Route.   It's forecast to be mildly cooler than historic averages.  This will be about a 340 mile ride day.  It's 160 to the base of where we fuel up, which is the turnaround point.  We'll decide as a group where we want to lunch at.  You can sack lunch if you like, which would be an idea if we wanted to park along the road somewhere and see who comes by.

RSVP** if you're planning on going.   If you do not RSVP, the ride may be canceled even if you had planned on showing up the day of the ride.  We'll depart on the ride as soon as everyone arrives and is ready, meaning, that if there are any newb riders, I will go over some of the key items they'll need to know.

North route ride.  This is a minimum C level ride pace route, so all riders welcome.  Meet at Starbucks or thereabouts (if parking is an issue).

As always, see 2015 SSA Ride Schedule for everything that is expected of you and what you can expect.  *** Safety is paramount. ***

Hope to see you there.

* KSU dependent on when everybody is ready.
** RSVP - répondez, s'il vous plaît a.k.a. please reply.
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

PAPASMURF

yo baby! sounds like a good time. never been with you on this ride. time to do so. ;D

might get windy they say, but not toooo bad. tally f-ing ho! :|)
S1000R
R1250RS

GreenMachine

The corners will be a lot more predictable than WWS, nothing descending nor terribly tight.  And there will be downhill turns.  You'll feel right at home on this ride.
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

RenoRider75

I'm in; never been that route before.  I always go the "boring" way on 395 to 70 to Bucks Lake Rd.  80 to 89 to 49 looks a lot more entertaining.

As for wind, it's supposed to be calm all morning so I think we'll be fine.  Riding back from Laguna Seca last weekend was super windy (40+ mph gusts; it won't be any worse than that was, lol).

A DRAGON

OMG. I'm in. I've been Jonsing to ride. Tyres are almost on the wear bars. Great road to finish them off.
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

GreenMachine

A most excellent group shaping up.

What do you guys think about our lunch spot?  Give some thought to it.  We could eat either in Oroville or Quincy or we could purchase a deli sandwich from either and hang out near the summit.  Or there's always Buck's Lake Lodge and hanging out on the deck.  RGnut and I did the deck option last time, twice.   :|)  It was pure coincidence that they had $2 pints.

288RR

Looks like it would be a fun ride.  Only sad part is I can't make it. Have to drive to LA on Sunday....

GreenMachine

We're going to forget what you look like 288!  Go on, drive to LA, we're headed north.

GreenMachine

Nice ending today.  PS will be kicking himself tonight for splitting off from us. 

Just one word.  Angelica.   :o  What a heartbreaker!

PAPASMURF

you single guys! :angel but i have to admit she had a smile the whole time, lol.

i had a dinner date with mama smurf. but,yes i already started missing your way.  ;)

you guys get your pint? lol
S1000R
R1250RS

GreenMachine

Of course.  We got what we came for...

...and more.  ;)

twist1up530

Doesnt Angelica mean angel in lithauainian?

Vegasrider

GreenMachine

GreenMachine

Quote from: twist1up530 on July 27, 2015, 10:28:19 AM
Doesnt Angelica mean angel in lithauainian?
:dunno  I would have thought that to be a Latin name.  Her last name was very Russian, if I had to describe it.