Main Menu

Open Roll Call - Anywhere but Markleeville...

Started by GreenMachine, July 07, 2015, 07:33:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nvgixxer

Hey Green, it would be awesome if we could all go together. As you know from post a few back, three of us will be meeting at 8:00 at Topsy Starbucks. Our KSU time will be approx. 8:30, so if you guys pull in to there by that time, we should still be there. I want you to meet Mark, he's one of the founders of the SSA along with Jerome back in the mid 90s. He now rides a Triumph Trophy cruiser, but in the twisties you'd think he was on a 1000.

"Don't worry Dub.  I think the two of us can catch them by Icehouse.  Problem."
;D ;D Ohhhh hahahaha.................catching old Jimbo "prior to" Ice House would only happen "if" he allows it!! 
2015 Suzuki Hayabusa (sold)
2012 Kawasaki ZX14R (sold)
2009 Suzuki Hayabusa (sold)
2007 Suzuki GSXR1000 (totaled)
2005 Suzuki Hayabusa (sold)
2003 Suzuki GSXR1000 (sold)

PAPASMURF

kinda sounds like just the 2 of us at mav's to start with. you want to leave sooner?
if more ARE coming then we just wait. ;)
S1000R
R1250RS

GreenMachine

Papa,

Just us two RSVP'ed, so we can get going as soon as we both arrive.  My nasty habit is to always find other things to do in the morning so I'm always late.  But I'll try to get on my way so I'm at least on time, for a change.   :P

Still have to eat and shower.  ETA looks like it's going to be right around 8:00.

Jimbo, I was hoping that would kind of get your goose.   :D   PS and I will probably be there right around 8:30.  Don't feel like you need to wait up for us.  If you do leave, we can all meet in Myers, when we pick up Dub.
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

GreenMachine

Everything worked out! 

Fantastic ride again today.  Very entertaining outing, with so many differing personalities.  Quite the assortment of bike models today as well.  Can't wait to see how the video from the WWS grandstands turned out.   8)

Did some of those FOGs really bring chairs on their bikes?   :D  Really interesting idea they had.  Sack lunch from the side of WWS and enjoy the show.
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

dub

Thanks to Sidi|Motion Pro|Vortex|Carters|Shoei for the support in 2019

GreenMachine

That's the camera!  Now the long wait to have the video uploaded to YT.

nvgixxer

My main man Mikie will have the videos soon.
I'll tell you what, us FOGs really enjoyed mixing it up with the SSA members, a real treat it was. Doing a lap or two, then sitting around eating hotdogs and smoking cigars. See what happens boys, when you get antsy and leave the party too soon?  ;D

nvgixxer

GreenMachine

Taking sport riding to a whole other level when you bring along propane and BBQ.

And to think we settled for a plain old deli sandwich!  I'll give you guys dibbs.  On that day, you had us covered.  Good work to you and your crew, Jimbo!

nvgixxer

OK, here is the roadside video compilation taken by our main man Mikie. He brings camera, hotdogs, cigars, chairs and many other things to some outings. But beware, that kid has a new Ducati Diavel at home in the garage that he brings along when he wants to be part of the action! ;D
Nice job Mikie - thanks bro!
At 2:20 it's two locals, Jimbo, Mark and Jim.
Yikes: At 3:30 GreenMachine about to say howdy to Jimbo's tailpipe!  ;D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qIK80jeEQa0&feature=youtu.be

Jimbo

GreenMachine

That was a lot quicker than I thought.  Nice editing job too!   Thank Mike for me.

Next time you guys do Monitor, have him tote your Phantom drone.   :crazy  See how far down the valley of the tall gears he can keep it tracking you.  :o

dub

You old guys were seriously cracking me up. I love the little base camp set up. I definitely wanna ride (or rather not ride) with you guys again.
Thanks to Sidi|Motion Pro|Vortex|Carters|Shoei for the support in 2019