Main Menu

Open Roll Call - Anywhere but Markleeville...

Started by GreenMachine, July 07, 2015, 07:33:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GreenMachine

...unless you mind post Death Ride clean up and traffic.  That event will be held on Saturday.

I'm thinking Icehouse, WWS, 11 Pines, MRR and home.  I have to ride this weekend to drain my bike's fuel load.  And given that I haven't ridden 11 Pines since the man made tragedy that is the King Fire, this will be an opportunity to survey the destruction of thousands of acres of beautiful forest.  >:(

South Route.  8:00 AM KSU, to get home earlier than later.  Temps should be in the low 80s.

Or post a ride idea of your own and we'll see what we end up doing.
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

dub

I'm in. I'll meet you guys at the Chevron in Meyers at 9? When we get to Georgetown I will hang a left and head back down to 50 on 193 and home from there.
Thanks to Sidi|Motion Pro|Vortex|Carters|Shoei for the support in 2019

GreenMachine

Great!  Sounds like a plan.

Although, I'll be peeling off from WWS onto 11 Pines, so not going as far as Georgetown on this one.
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

dub

Oops, duh, I wasn't paying attention. Yes, I'll do 11 pines/MRR. I'll make my way back south towards 50 from Auburn.

GreenMachine

Tired from your racing weekend, no doubt.

Got a report for us or one brewing?  Not sure if you were racing or trackday instructing.

dub

I'm super far behind on my reports. Really gotta update the blog soon.

dub

Looks like it's just gonna be you and I on Sunday GM? Rock on.

GreenMachine

I figured it would be.  Papasmurf rode with a group of us last August on WWS I believe.  That was his first formal ride with SSA. 

He must have liked it.  He's still riding with us.  :D

GreenMachine

Just looked at the other thread for that ride.  Kawasikinoob was there too.  I believe he's riding a GSXR-600 now, from when we bumped into each other earlier this season. 

Surprised he hasn't joined any of our rides this season to date.

nvgixxer

Three of us FOGs did WWS last Tuesday and liked it so much that we're headed that way again on Sunday. Yikes, we got caught in one of those downpours just west of Myers Grade and I dang near froze to death. The Black Knight is no longer a raindrop virgin, took many hours to clean him up.
Anyway, hope to see you guys over there. We're meeting at Topsy Starbucks at 8:00 and will be headed south to hwy 88 and up and over Luther Pass to hwy 50.

Jimbo
2015 Suzuki Hayabusa (sold)
2012 Kawasaki ZX14R (sold)
2009 Suzuki Hayabusa (sold)
2007 Suzuki GSXR1000 (totaled)
2005 Suzuki Hayabusa (sold)
2003 Suzuki GSXR1000 (sold)

GreenMachine

That means that you guys will be 30 mins ahead of us.  That is of course, unless we catch you FOGs during your many potty breaks.  :|)  Dub will be there in Myers waiting for me to arrive.  The day's high temp shouldn't be anything of concern, mild for this time of year.  The strange thing is that the morning low is still unseasonably high.  All the better to ride, I suppose.   8)

Getting the bike dirty happens to the best of us.  It's a much respected craft cleaning and caring one's bike.  A craft you do very well Jimbo!

PAPASMURF

hello boys, buster's got a new pair of boots, and wants to go marching. south route you say at 8? ;D
S1000R
R1250RS

PAPASMURF

S1000R
R1250RS

dub

Quote from: nvgixxer on July 11, 2015, 05:46:37 AM
Three of us FOGs did WWS last Tuesday and liked it so much that we're headed that way again on Sunday....Anyway, hope to see you guys over there. We're meeting at Topsy Starbucks at 8:00 and will be headed south to hwy 88 and up and over Luther Pass to hwy 50.

Jimbo

Quote from: GreenMachine on July 11, 2015, 07:16:36 AM
That means that you guys will be 30 mins ahead of us.  That is of course, unless we catch you FOGs during your many potty breaks.  :|)  Dub will be there in Myers waiting for me to arrive.  ...

This is the most asinine thing I have ever heard. Why would two separate groups ride the same route on the same day 30 minutes apart. You guys drive me crazy.

Why don't we just all meet up and ride together. How about the Starbucks in Gardnerville where 395 & 88 split at 830?

GreenMachine

Quote from: PAPASMURF on July 11, 2015, 05:42:53 PM
hello boys, buster's got a new pair of boots, and wants to go marching. south route you say at 8? ;D
You're addicted!

South route indeed!

Don't worry Dub.  I think the two of us can catch them by Icehouse.  Problem.