Main Menu

Who'd be interested in riding if we went

Started by GreenMachine, July 01, 2015, 09:20:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GreenMachine

early AM on Friday 07/03/15?  Still thinking La Porte.

I must be back in Reno by 3:00 PM tomorrow, thus the earlier we get started the better.
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

PAPASMURF

a friday ride sounds great... if i have the day off. will find out later today. La Porte to where? really does not matter.LOL ;D
S1000R
R1250RS

PAPASMURF

if you want company, i will come. have the day off. 8)
S1000R
R1250RS

GreenMachine

I want company, but only if you don't ride off over the horizon.   :D  j/k

Excellent.  Hopefully this will make up for me stranding you guys on that other weekend.
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

GreenMachine

It appears Rich can ride on Sunday as well.  I posted the same ride as an option for that day too, so I'll probably ride both days for the added saddle time.

Dragon may join us on Friday as well, but only if we begin after 9:00 AM.  I'm not excited about getting that late of a start.  Was thinking more like 7:30 AM or earlier, since the AM low temps are actually very high. 

We'll see later on today what he can manage.  May have to have him cut us off by taking hwy 70 straight to Quincy, while we do Yuba & Gold Lake.

I'll keep you posted.

What time would you or could you start in the morning? 

GreenMachine

I must be back in Reno by 3:00 PM tomorrow.  See OP.

PAPASMURF

i like the idea of 730/800 myself

i think it will get hot w/ poss TS later

so early is good

:o
S1000R
R1250RS

PAPASMURF

S1000R
R1250RS

GreenMachine

Of course, *bucks @MccNorth route:thumbup  I'll be there around 7:30 AM.  We can leave after you arrive. :doggy

It rained over our roads this afternoon, so we'll want to be sure to do sighting laps.  With it being early, it shouldn't be like anyone will be on the roads.  Looking forward to it!  C U in the AM.

PAPASMURF

S1000R
R1250RS

GreenMachine

It was raining here in Reno and parts of the Sierra's all night and it's still kind of raining in patches in various areas.   Sierraville and Truckee show there could be rain showers there today by 1:00 PM and Reno by 3:00 PM.

Still want to brave it?  I'm 50/50.

PAPASMURF

i am good to go, if you want. my smurf suit is good for the weather. but we can always cut it short. ;)
S1000R
R1250RS

GreenMachine

PAPASMURF

S1000R
R1250RS

GreenMachine

DANG!  You guys are making me feel slow, especially on old La Porte rd.

Nice riding with you today PS.  I'll check out that Web site you mentioned for more laughs.

Time for a new front tire.  Finally!